Shadow of rome FMV stutter
(06-25-2014, 09:05 PM)refraction Wrote: My apologies, I missed that bit.

are you running the game from an external hard drive or dvd drive or anything? what version of PCSX2 are you using?

ahh, reminds me of the thread I opened after I went to test Midnight Club.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]

Sponsored links

I didn't remember having any FMV audio problems when I had last tested out this game, but after stumbling on this thread I decided to go back and check it out.

I tested using the latest buildbot build and did indeed notice the audio problem as well.

In the intro video that plays just after the logos once it reachs the third line of dialoge "and the rule of the senate elders had begun to fray at the edges" the audio starts cutting in and out.

The problem seems to get worse the longer the FMV runs and on some cutscene videos that are particularly long the audio will cut out and stay out near the end of the video.

As the OP had stated, the audio is only messed up during the FMVs and not during gameplay.

I tried using the "Preset 1 - Safest" settings and also tried messing with the sound plugin and enabling Async, but nothing had an effect.

I tested with older builds and found that they didn't have any issues with the FMV audio so I dug back through the buildbot SVN builds and found...

The last build with working audio was:
pcsx2-5903-windows-x86
With the notes:
"Vsync: Put it back to half slices, there seems to be games which don't like the vsync timing more accurate either way. Until i can work out why we will go back to the old half n half timing which all known games seem happy with."

The build that the audio stuttering first occurs is:
pcsx2-5904-windows-x86
With the notes:
"If you're gonna do a revert, you might as well do it properly Tongue If you don't want it doing properly, give it to me."

Not sure what changed between those two builds that caused the audio stuttering but 5904 seems to be the culprit.

I'll post this information to the github in hopes that its useful to the team. I figured I'd post here about it as well incase anyone comes here with a similar issue and is looking for a solution.
(06-25-2014, 07:17 PM)BiagyBoy Wrote: This game ran fine for me up until now.
Now I switched PCs and suddenly the fmvs stutter. (The audio starts early and then begins to stutter)
I deactivated speedhacks but it changes nothing.
Switching to gdsx to play fmvs also changes nothing.
I am stumped, I used to have this problem years ago but it was due to speedhacks, I tried changing settings but it shouldn't matter since I run fmvs through gdsx

Same problem. Could fix it by activating speedhacks, disabling each individually and increasing the EE cycle rate by 33%. Needs more testing though.
The most recent post in this thread is more than 8 months old. Please create a new thread and refrain from posting in threads older than 8 months in the future. Please also review the forum rules. Thank you.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go