Shadow of the Colossus
Before I say anything - I have read up pretty much everything on this forum about the game, I just need a couple of things answering.

Right! So my current PC is an [email protected], and SLI GTX570s. I can run pretty much anything, except this it would seem.
Now, it runs at full speed no problem. The issue is that the game speed and the framerate are too different things, and the framerate hovers around 20-30 occasionally. Now, I know this has something to do with the speedhacks, and dragging them both to minimum obviously helps the issue immensely.

..However, then it only runs at 45fps, and not at full speed.

My question - There are the two hacks, EE Cyclerate and VU Cycle stealing. I know increading VU cycle stealing lowers the ingame FPS, but does EE Cyclerate do the same?
Also, is it at all possible to get it running at 60fps at 3x resolution without either of them enabled? is there another option that can give me that last 10 or so FPS?
Also also, should I select progressive scan, or is it irrelevant due to the 3x native resolution being forced?

The main issue is when I'm fighting the colossi, the camera is impossible to move since the FPS is so low. even though the game is going at full speed. If I lower the EE and VU hacks though, then it starts to lower the speed of the game instead of just the internal framerate.

After beating the first two colossi, I am dying to play more - But I don't know the best way of configuring this. Is there a dev version that runs a bit better with a newer plugin? is DX9 or DX11 faster? Should my system be able to play it at full speed?

Also, out of curiosity - I had it down at native resolution, and without the hacks it was perfect. However, enabling them actually slowed down the internal framerate - but not all the time. That got me super confused - why wasnt it always slow or always fast? I mean, my computer can easily handle it at native.

Thanks!

Sponsored links

Enable all recommended speedhacks. Don't use EE Cycle Rate, use VU Cycle Stealing only. Set VU Cycle Stealing to 1 or 2. Don't use MTVU either (you're using a recent SVN).

According to PCSX2 team DirectX 11 is more compatible and faster, but personally I do not find any different. You should use DirectX 11 anyway, at least it is not slower than DirectX 9.

I have not tested progressive scan in all games but at least in Resident Evil 4 it gives sharper images.

Final word: Your PC is weak. I have a CPU @ 295 Mhz and Shadow of the Colossus runs at full speed. Tongue
(07-13-2012, 08:19 PM)Livy Wrote: Enable all recommended speedhacks. Don't use EE Cycle Rate, use VU Cycle Stealing only. Set VU Cycle Stealing to 1 or 2. Don't use MTVU either (you're using a recent SVN).

According to PCSX2 team DirectX 11 is more compatible and faster, but personally I do not find any different. You should use DirectX 11 anyway, at least it is not slower than DirectX 9.

I have not tested progressive scan in all games but at least in Resident Evil 4 it gives sharper images.

Final word: Your PC is weak. I have a CPU @ 295 Mhz and Shadow of the Colossus runs at full speed. Tongue

Ok, thanks! With it set to 1, It doesn't dip below 60, but does have a bit of slowdown. And thanks for clearing up the other things too =]
Is there any way to 1. Fix the horrible over brightness bug, and 2. fix the offset shadows bug? They're incredibly annoying lol.

Also lies! The PS2 can't run this! =p
Right, I managed to fix the shadow bug using pixel offset or something, but now the bloom is INCREDIBLY bright. is there any easy fix, or is it the case of one or the other?