Shadow of the Colossus !!!
(02-04-2011, 02:01 AM)eliot_cougar Wrote: I doubt the new revision of GSDX has improved, it wasn't even touched by devs recently...

AFAIK there have been no major changes, or ones that change compatibility, but there were smaller changes.

The Hardware anti aliasing now works like it did before r3002, and few more cosmetic changes (slightly better configuration dialog, can display deinterlace mode and native resolution at the titlebar again, and maybe few more).

Sponsored links

Eliot, could you send me your newest mod gsdx for SOTC? Thank you very much!
SOTC looking and running great with the modded GSDX w/ offset-hack enabled and a 3x scaler. But is there a trick to getting rid of the bright and faint white lines I see on the top and left sides of my PCSX2 screen when the offset-hack is enabled?

They persist through casual experimentation with different interleavings, scalers, speedhacks on/off etc - was wondering if anyone who'd seen something similar could point me in the right direction...

So far disabling off-set is the only option that gets rid of 'em.

Several people are asking me to give them a link to my modified Gsdx for Shadow of the Colossus... They send me PM, I'm trying to answer and get the message saying that this user has private messages disabled...

That's stupid... Why do you disable private messages and then ask someone to answer to you?.. I can't reply...

Anyway, you may find my modded Gsdx on youtube if you need it...
(02-17-2011, 06:10 PM)K_Szegedin Wrote: SOTC looking and running great with the modded GSDX w/ offset-hack enabled and a 3x scaler. But is there a trick to getting rid of the bright and faint white lines I see on the top and left sides of my PCSX2 screen when the offset-hack is enabled?

They persist through casual experimentation with different interleavings, scalers, speedhacks on/off etc - was wondering if anyone who'd seen something similar could point me in the right direction...

So far disabling off-set is the only option that gets rid of 'em.
I guess you're using very old version of my modded plugin... The new one does not use overlay scaling, so it has no any "lines"... Check youtube video for the link to the new plugin...
Here, brightness in Software renderer looks like, instead nope, IS like real PS2 really.
Damn!
Once brightness problem is fixed in native resolution on HW renderer, offset hack should shift right correction needed in order to obtain both correct projection and correct brightness even in higher resolutions.
But first we need to fix this problem properly in native res, otherwise no party. Laugh
A texture flickering exists as well (watch end of the intro but generally happens often elsewhere)... and even here again SW renderer kills it and shows it perfect and flawless. °_°
What a pity!
(03-07-2011, 08:57 PM)Landscape Wrote: A texture flickering exists as well (watch end of the intro but generally happens often elsewhere)... and even here again SW renderer kills it and shows it perfect and flawless. °_°
What a pity!

Texture flickering is fixed long ago in DX10/11 mode... DX9 mode is still bugged because it has less precise depth buffer...
(03-07-2011, 09:10 PM)eliot_cougar Wrote: Texture flickering is fixed long ago in DX10/11 mode... DX9 mode is still bugged because it has less precise depth buffer...

I have an ATI HD4850 and with last official pcsx2 beta release (r3878) flickering problem exists both in DX9 and DX10, just like your video on youtube in DX10/11 in r3353 (I've seen that).
(03-07-2011, 09:10 PM)eliot_cougar Wrote: Texture flickering is fixed long ago in DX10/11 mode... DX9 mode is still bugged because it has less precise depth buffer...

Hello. Two questions I may ask.
First, does your GSdx Plugin still work with the newest pcsx2? And second, would you mind sharing it with me?
Nope, it's still there even in DX11 mode and it's not caused by the speedhacks. I wonder if there's a way to fix it... Fortunately it's minimal so I can live with it, but it would still make me very happy if someone offered a solution. Laugh
AMD Phenom II X2 555 @3.20 GHz, 4 GB DDR3 RAM, ASUS EAH5770 CUcore (ATI Radeon 5700 HD series, 1 GB), Windows 7 x64.
Ah, well... Flickering issue is minimal indeed (Only seen that in the intro)
Yes, my Gsdx mod is compatible with the latest PCSX2... Look for it on Youtube - I have several videos there and the link is in the description...

PS: I always forget where it is restricted to post links to modded versions, here or on Google Code page... Anyway, plugin is quite easy to find...