Shadow of the Colossus !!!
I know this seems like the bleeding obvious, but why don't you get a second download, install it to a second directory, and then run that and post back with the results? That way (like in all problem solving) we can eliminate that as the problem.

Just get the official release and install that and take a screenshot. If it's a regression or something simply in your version of gsdx we can solve that, if it isn't, then it could be driver related or specific hack/setting etc. Obviously a few of those have been eliminated already.

Sponsored links

(09-24-2011, 09:21 PM)skythra Wrote: I know this seems like the bleeding obvious, but why don't you get a second download, install it to a second directory, and then run that and post back with the results? That way (like in all problem solving) we can eliminate that as the problem.

Just get the official release and install that and take a screenshot. If it's a regression or something simply in your version of gsdx we can solve that, if it isn't, then it could be driver related or specific hack/setting etc. Obviously a few of those have been eliminated already.

Just tried a completely fresh release (r4894, the one eliot_cougar said he tested on) and the problem remains. I'm finishing up the download on the PAL version so I'll update this post after I try that one.

EDIT: PAL version does the same thing, great...

EDIT #2: Changing to DX9 fixed the problem... why.jpg
(09-24-2011, 07:40 PM)avih Wrote: There are not "A lot" of crc hacks for SoTC. There's just one, which aims to remove the bloom/HDR effect, and I'm not sure it's as good as Eliot's original modified GSdx.

I'm currently suspecting that the latest hackfix from r4893 might degrade the image quality, or harm the "black creatures" on some cases.(...)

Sorry, didn't notice the rest was commented out. Also as I understand even custom skipdraw set to 48 isn't really soo nice and safe everytime, but haven't seen any glitches of such nature while using this hackfix. Through I only borrowed the game to test and got bored fast, killing collossi isn't really soo much fun for me I guess even if it looked epic on the movies.

(09-24-2011, 10:25 PM)Tangled Wrote: (...) I'm finishing up the download on the PAL version so I'll update this post after I try that one.

EDIT: PAL version does the same thing, great...

EDIT #2: Changing to DX9 fixed the problem... why.jpg

You should probably read the rules of this forum. Especially number one of them about warez stuff.

Anyway grats for fixing your problem, but it probably means you have a potential problem with dx10 on your system as working normally this game works pretty much same in DX9 and DX10/11.
(09-25-2011, 12:12 AM)miseru99 Wrote: Sorry, didn't notice the rest was commented out. Also as I understand even custom skipdraw set to 48 isn't really soo nice and safe everytime, but haven't seen any glitches of such nature while using this hackfix. Through I only borrowed the game to test and got bored fast, killing collossi isn't really soo much fun for me I guess even if it looked epic on the movies.

You should probably read the rules of this forum. Especially number one of them about warez stuff.

Anyway grats for fixing your problem, but it probably means you have a potential problem with dx10 on your system as working normally this game works pretty much same in DX9 and DX10/11.

I run Crysis 2 on DX11 with everything on Ultra and it runs perfectly, all other games run fine as well so I really don't have a clue how to check where the problem could be. Either way, the game crashed on the second colossus, everything ran fine apart from one or two vertical lines that appear on the screen sometimes. Are these know problems?
I don't think soo, I killed second one while playing that game and had no problems. Nobody answering here could reproduce your problem - graphical glitches you had, even less for the new crash otherwise the forum would be filled with threads "SotC crashes" as it seems to be a popular title - soo it's most likely a problem with your game copy or your system. At least if you turned off GSdx hacks by now, as hardware AA can easily cause a crash.

Apart from common stuff like trying to update your DX to be assured it's in latest versions(as GSdx is usually a bit more sensitive about it than pc games) and reripping your game from original dvd(or running it from disk itself to check if problem exists then) with a program that was well tested with ps2 games like imgburn, there is nothing much else that could made such problems. Maybe updating GPU drivers, through I would sooner expect graphical problems from intel hd drivers than from a dedicated nvidia/amd gpu soo it's rather unlikely with GTX570.
(09-25-2011, 11:09 AM)miseru99 Wrote: I don't think soo, I killed second one while playing that game and had no problems. Nobody answering here could reproduce your problem - graphical glitches you had, even less for the new crash otherwise the forum would be filled with threads "SotC crashes" as it seems to be a popular title - soo it's most likely a problem with your game copy or your system. At least if you turned off GSdx hacks by now, as hardware AA can easily cause a crash.

Apart from common stuff like trying to update your DX to be assured it's in latest versions(as GSdx is usually a bit more sensitive about it than pc games) and reripping your game from original dvd(or running it from disk itself to check if problem exists then) with a program that was well tested with ps2 games like imgburn, there is nothing much else that could made such problems. Maybe updating GPU drivers, through I would sooner expect graphical problems from intel hd drivers than from a dedicated nvidia/amd gpu soo it's rather unlikely with GTX570.

I just disabled AA and was able to beat the second one without any crashes. The only thing that's a minor incoveninence is the 1 pixel width horizontal lines that appear sometimes, the other game that also has this is Naruto on the opening. I'm guessing this is due to scaling so there's no way to fix it unless I use native, I could be wrong though.
have had that issue too but. its solved now but i dont remember how. there was a difference ntsc/pal mode or progressive scan on/off. also i use offset hack (enable hacks in yout pcsx2 folder -> inis -> GSdx.ini) open it with editor and search for UserHacks_HalfPixelOffset and allowHacks. than set it to =1

ps: for bloom fix get GSdx-SSE2-r4643m-best-SotC-fix.dll files (by eliot_cougar)
Hi guys,I am a new user (Marcus from Italy) & I am having some problem with this awesome game,hope you guys can help me to make it run properly Smile

I have 3 noticeable issues for now:

1)the black border on right & bottom of the screen

2)there is a "glow" effect that I suppose should be on top of my blade,but as you can see in the image it is moved on the right,totally out of position Blink

3) even if the FPS show 60,my eyes still detect it as non fluid,like if the game speed is fine but there are less than 60 fps, I could obtain the same effect with a pc game if it run at something like 23 fps instead of 30

My pc is an i7-930 2.8 Ghz ,480 GTX, 4 GB ram ,the emulator settings are:

GSdx 4600 SSE41 - Directx 11 3x Native

Speedhack : EECR 1 VUCS 2 , Enable INTC Spin Detection,Enable Wait Loop Detection

Hope you guys can help me to fix it,thanks Tongue

[Image: 83520387.png]
A new thread plzzzz... see you there..
what? I have to open a new thread?! why? Blink