Shadow of the Colossus 60fps possible?
F-Zero GX is incredibly demanding in Dolphin. I get slowdowns with it on my rig. And yeah it's most likely CPU related.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD

Sponsored links

About the hacks, they are the most misunderstood thing in all PCSX2 history. It's true they may cause glitch, mainly if abused, most of times they don't cause discernible problems used correctly and may make possible to have the game "playable", and so worthy even a minor glitch or two?

Now, don't you think running the game at 25 FPS is a HUGE glitch?

In time: I wanted to put that huge really huge and in red, but maybe it's enough that way Smile Edit: least not causing a glitch in this very page as well.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(03-19-2014, 12:40 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: F-Zero GX is incredibly demanding in Dolphin. I get slowdowns with it on my rig. And yeah it's most likely CPU related.

would a haswell i5 at your frequency (if possible), sort them?

i could just save some money and get your cpu or fx-8350 or fx9***, keeping my current mobo.. not sure...

intel would likely give better performance
IDK what the ultimate requirements for F zero GX are. It runs full speed mostly on my system, but not always.

Intel will give overall better performance, but will cost more, especially if you have to get a mobo.

I highly recommend the FX6300. And don't even bother with the FX9000 series. I mean yeah it's 5 Ghz and pretty close to intel performance but the TDP and heat output is god awful.
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(03-19-2014, 01:18 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: IDK what the ultimate requirements for F zero GX are. It runs full speed mostly on my system, but not always.

Intel will give overall better performance, but will cost more, especially if you have to get a mobo.

I highly recommend the FX6300. And don't even bother with the FX9000 series. I mean yeah it's 5 Ghz and pretty close to intel performance but the TDP and heat output is god awful.

would there be any benefit whatsoever in going for an fx-8350? is it a better cpu or something? better for avx etc?
My cpu will out perform it until the fx hits around 5ghz. Then they will be equal.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(03-19-2014, 01:29 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: My cpu will out perform it until the fx hits around 5ghz. Then they will be equal.

nice! how has your emulation experience been?

can you play most game?

which games give you particular problems? do any render games unplayable?

are you considering upgrading?

what is the general x-ir you play at?

regards~
Yeah his CPU outperforms an FX, however, that doesn't mean it's required.

Every single game that I've attempted in PCSX2 I've had full speed on 95% of the time or more. A few required speedhacks.

Meanwhile, unless you are doing tasks like 3d rendering, video encoding, and other things like that, there is no benefit in 8 cores over 6.
the 6300 is the sweet spot.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(03-19-2014, 01:41 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Yeah his CPU outperforms an FX, however, that doesn't mean it's required.

Every single game that I've attempted in PCSX2 I've had full speed on 95% of the time or more. A few required speedhacks.

Meanwhile, unless you are doing tasks like 3d rendering, video encoding, and other things like that, there is no benefit in 8 cores over 6.

ahh those questions were actually meant for you Smile i dont know what cpu he has!

if i went for a 6300 would i need an upgrade to my gfx?

you think in those other 5% of times a haswell i5 would have helped?

4.4 seems a decent oc.. i managed 3.9ghz on my phenom so hopefully my mobo would (if i went that way) handle a decent oc

just thinking i might be better off spending the extra money on and intel part (not that im rich or anything)