Shadow of the Colossus. Help!
Config:
Intel i7-2600 @ 3.4GHz, 3401Mhz, 4 cores, 8 logical processors;
Windows 7 64bit
8GB DDR3 RAM
and a HD 6970 2GB Gddr5
also running with pcsx2-r5221.

Hey guys how are you? So, I`m new to the forums and to ps2 emulation and i`m asking you, the vets, if you can help me out. I`m trying to get SotC to run smoothly on my rig and by smooth i mean like the Innuendo`s video series on youtube. I have all the hacks to get the effects going like the offset hack and agressive CRC. Although i use the CRC hack i don`t like it very much since it removes (am I right?) the bloom effect which I like. Without the CRC the bloom looks like heavens door shoving brightness into my eyes, I just want to know if there`s any way for me to get this game running flawslessly with a decent bloom effect.
On a side note, I am not a native english speaker therefore it`s not perfect. And thanks for having the patience to read it so far, lol.

EDIT: Also, anyone knows how to record in 1080p using the built-in recorder?

Sponsored links

(06-12-2012, 09:49 AM)victorhass1 Wrote: I`m trying to get SotC to run smoothly on my rig and by smooth i mean like the Innuendo`s video series on youtube.

Videos on youtube are likely to be displaying false speeds. when recording from the emulator, it records at 60fps regardless of what speed you are really doing. He could have been recording at 5fps for all we know.

However setting VU Cycle Stealing speedhack to 1 notch usually does good for the framerate on this game, plus use the offset and alpha hacks.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

SotC was meant to run slowly.