Shadow of the Colossus Ultrawide
I've never played with cheat engine before so it took me a while to figure things out, but I managed to get SotC to run at 21:9. Menus and icons are stretched, but this game doesn't have many menus or icons so things work out pretty well. I feel like Ueda would've wanted us to play at this aspect ratio. His cut scenes were all ultrawide already but they unfortunately become ultra ultrawide after the mod. There doesn't seem to be much interest or support for ultrawide monitors with pcsx. But if turns out there is interest, I'll post the pnach.

Sponsored links

Damn, that looks nice. There must be a way to keep hud in its original aspect ratio, because many widescreen patches already do that. (sadly, can't help there Sad )
[Image: iq2O9Ya.jpg]
(05-15-2017, 01:48 AM)FaithLV Wrote: Damn, that looks nice. There must be a way to keep hud in its original aspect ratio, because many widescreen patches already do that. (sadly, can't help there Sad )

Is that really true? I've never messed with any other widescreen patches. But even on the official stickied widescreen thread, the screenshots show the hud stretching when converting 4:3 games into 16:9.
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-Wid...#pid271674
I registered so that I could say that I'm super interested, and I'm sure more people will be in the future as ultrawide monitors become more available.
I keep checking this thread daily, in hopes that one day, UWMR will return with the patch for this.
Hey sorry. After a couple days of seeing zero interest in ultrawide support, I forgot about this thread only to remember again after watching the ps4 trailer for SotC. Attached is the pnach. 

Instructions
Put C19A374E.pnach in your cheats directory located where you installed pcsx2.
In pcsx2 under System, click enable cheats.
In pcsx2 under Config > emulation settings. Then go to GS window tab. Select "Fit to Window/Screen" for Aspect Ratio.
When booting Sotc, make sure in your pcsx2 log file in the header it says [SCUS-97472] [C19A374E]. This patch only applies to the North American version of the game.

The game should now be properly rendered in 21:9 when you expand to fullscreen. If you like the patch and want more ultrawide for other games, please consider registering and posting to let people know how many want support for ultrawides.

.pnach   C19A374E.pnach (Size: 100 bytes / Downloads: 1.145)

This is a bit unrelated to this post, but because pcsx2 is a 32bit application, it's impossible to get a good 2x supersample for 3440x1440 due to memory restrictions. The 64 bit pcsx2 was axed a while ago. I really hope the devs bring it back especially since panels are increasingly becoming higher res and it would further future proof itself.

Also here's a bit of ultrawide gameplay I've uploaded so people can see what it looks like! You have to select 4k in youtube if you want to watch it in 3440x1440.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLKCZz8r...e=youtu.be
Awesome, it works, thank you so much! <3

Would you mind sharing your emulator settings aswell, since you managed to get it to run so smoothly in such a high resolution?

Thank you again!
Most either use their ultrawide for productivity or modern games, but I enjoy finding the right games for support. I figured value edits for Dark Cloud 1 & 2, Katamari Damacy, and Kingdom Hearts 2 a while back. Places like r/ultrawidemasterrace really enjoy seeing that stuff though
Computer System
CPU: Intel Core i7 6770K @4.0GHz
GPU: EVGA GeForce 980 Ti SC ACX 2.0+ 6GB
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4-2400 2x8GB 
Storage: Samsung 850 Pro SSD 1TB, Intel X25-M SSD 160GB, WD Black HDD 2TB
(05-15-2017, 11:24 AM)UWMR Wrote: Is that really true? I've never messed with any other widescreen patches. But even on the official stickied widescreen thread, the screenshots show the hud stretching when converting 4:3 games into 16:9.
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PCSX2-Wid...#pid271674

Sorry, I bamboozled.
[Image: iq2O9Ya.jpg]
Great work UWMR. Is there any other steps that you may have missed to get this working? I followed your instructions but I cant get it right.
The hack loads, [SCUS-97472] [C19A374E] is in the console header and aspect ratio is set to "Fit to window" but it still looks stretched.

Two things I have noticed that are different are that in your console window it says...

"Elf entry point @ 0x00100010 about to get recompiled. Load patches first"
 "GSDx Lookup CRC:C19A374E"

My console does not have these entries.

Anybody else managed to get this working?