MSI GX630 (Gaming laptop)
AMD Athlon X2 QL-62(2.0GHz)
4GB DDR2
Video Memory 512MB
GPU/VPU NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT
Video Memory Dedicated 512MB
Memory 4GB

Problem:

I installed PCSX2 for the first time and having trouble running my first game SOTC. I mounted my ISO with PowerISO and set the corresponding source drive and then when I hit run CD/DVD a new screen appears but its just black.

However I'm getting some information on the top bar of the screen:

3030|640 x 448|36.81 fps (59%)| Interlaced (field) - None| 4:3|0/0|7% CPU|0.00|0.00

My BIOS seems to be correct since it says BIOS version 2 and it executes on the bigger screen (ExecuteBIOS complete)

Here's the last info that was logged on the big screen:

ld: start: argc:1
ld: arg 0: cdrom0:\SCUS_974.72;1
wait gs init

Here's also my configuration:

[Image: Config.jpg]

[Image: Graphics.jpg]

Also, when I use Run > Execute the Playstation 2 interface boots up but I can't seem to interact with it.

One last thing, how do I connect my PS3 or 360 pad on Lilypad? I see them on the Device Diagnostics but have no idea if it's connected or not:

[Image: Lilypad.jpg]

Thanks guys.

Sponsored links

try linuzappz CD/DVD plugin . If the prpoblem persists, re-dump you iso & try again
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Nevermind. Turns out I have to use Daemon Tools.

Is it normal for SOTC to just run around 25 fps? I get good playable fps with Kingdom Hearts 2.
you have a weak cpu for SOTC. SO, 25 fps is normal.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
You might try bringing the internal res down to 'native res', for me this gives a me large FPS boost. Also, all the speed hacks work great with SOTC, you can try enabling them 3x, INTC hack, IOP sync hack ETC