Shadow of the Colossus does not work with the GsDX plugin
I wanted to play badly Shadow of the Colossus after finding my PS2 again, but i had no idea where my games were, so i thought about emulating it, but for some reason SotC does not work for me with any of the GsDX plugins. After the loading icon appears, the screen will go black and i will be able to hear sound and even start the game, but unless i'm on the loading screens, on the map or options, the screen will always be black, sometimes flickering white. I was able to solve that by using the ZeroGS plugin, but if i do so i get the bloom problem and since i can't use the Agressive-CRC with ZeroGS, the game is still unplayable. The sound also didn't work before until i used ZeroSPU. I'm looking mostly for a way to solve the GsDX problem, since i seem to get a good ingame 45-60FPS with it, while with Zero i seem to only get 30-50, but any workaround to the bloom problem with the Zero plugin would also be good.

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Specs:
[Image: VH7m10O.png]
[Image: 23DOf2C.png]
[Image: fGRJ75T.png]
I'm using the latest version. I explained about the plugins on the thread. I'm also using the preset 4, but when i used preset 1 the same thing happened. The game i am trying to play is Shadow of The Colossus from iso.
I would start with upgrading your GPU driver to a newer version, you can get it from here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/downloa...8-1-64-bit

then see if that helps
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

It worked. Thanks.
[Image: lG1GcO8.png]
You are doing a great job with that emulator. With some tweaks it is actually running rock solid 60FPS (30-45 with 2x native)! I didn't even think i would be able to play SotC on my computer that well! Thanks for doing such an awesome job!
im getting a "gs plugin failed to open" error when i try to open shadow of the colossus.  Sad

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The most recent post in this thread is more than 8 months old. Please create a new thread and refrain from posting in threads older than 8 months in the future. Please also review the forum rules. Thank you.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go