Shadow of the Colossus running slowly?
When playing Shadow of the Colossus, the game runs really slowly. It's not the framerate, it just runs slowly. It looks choppy sometimes like the framerate is low (like when I'm fighting a colossus), but the framerate counters say I'm getting 60 fps consistently. Any tips?

Here are my specs:

Intel i7-2720QM @ 2.6 GHz
12 GB RAM
Nvidia GTX 675M 2 GB

Thank you for taking the time to help me out

Sponsored links

This game has frame rate issues. It slows down on the PS2 as well.
That game is demanding, your CPU is quite weak.
Set we cycle rate to 0, vu cycle stealing to 2 or 3, and try disabling mtvu hack.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Thanks for the suggestions. The vu cycle stealing helped a lot. Runs very well now
Here it's not exactly your fault. Sounds more like frame throttling in the engine rather than your laptop. Do what jesalvein said.
Moe: [to Homer] And I'm pulling your favorite song out of the jukebox.
Homer: "It's Raining Men"?!
Moe: Yeah, not no more, it ain't. [throws the record out the window which lands into Smithers' car]
Smithers: Ow! [looks at the record] Ohhh.

what would ;e; do
most of the shadow volume generation and outline of the 3d characters are done on the VU1 of PS2. hence, as the number of outline increases, the amount of time required for processing also increases. that's one of the reason's on why this game is more demanding on VU So, nothing else can be done to prevent this rather than VU stealing. don't get the wrong idea, VU cycle stealing doesn't reduce the cycles of VU programs, it adds to EE cycle counter whenever a VU specific program is executed.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
What ^ said. Also check if thermal throttling happens when you play the game.
Moe: [to Homer] And I'm pulling your favorite song out of the jukebox.
Homer: "It's Raining Men"?!
Moe: Yeah, not no more, it ain't. [throws the record out the window which lands into Smithers' car]
Smithers: Ow! [looks at the record] Ohhh.

what would ;e; do