Shadow of the colossus best config
Hi there I wish to run this game the best way, actually it's laggy and the sound is creepy...
I use the last version of pcsx2 and my specs are :
cpu e8500 3.16 ghz
gpu amd 5770
ram 4 go

could you please tell me what i should change?
thanks you

Sponsored links

Set VU Cycle Stealing to 2 (the default slider position is 0).
Depends also on what scaling you're on .
(01-17-2013, 09:31 AM)Livy Wrote: Set VU Cycle Stealing to 2 (the default slider position is 0).

Ok so i just change that ? and nothing else? to increase perfomance, because it was also slow...

where do i know my scaling? sorry

Edit; i dit the change and it's better but still slow ( 20 fps to 40fps) the sound is better but stil disturbed often..
Well Shadow of the Colossus is a very heavy game and you really need to have quite a heavy computer to run it. What I've been reading on this forum is that even the Playstation 2 had some trouble running it 100% fluent.
You'll need a monster PC for that game. Meaning about 4 Ghz for full speed even with vu cycle stealing on 2
[Image: newsig.jpg]
ok so i adjusted the speedhack configuration and now the sound is clean and i have 60fps, the problem is that there is some kind of pixel shadow on me and on the eyes ( and other shinning things ) of the coloss , look : http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/8629/97332150.jpg
also i would like to have it in 16/10 , i cant find where to set that;

thanks Smile

i found how to set it 16/10
and i checked the texture filtering box which get me ride of the pixel but the shadow still there, i dont know if i can get rid of it...
which , in order, option do you advice me to try to get the game better?
knowing that it is running quite smooth and beautifull - as it is ps2 -

despite your warnings the game seems to be able to run fine on my configuration, maybe you didnt have try it now that pcsx2 has evolve ^^ because it is not bad at all now Smile
Enable HW hacks in GSdx and check half pixel offset. You can also check aggressive CRC to remove the bloom completely (since it's buggy)
[Image: newsig.jpg]