Shadow of the colossus can't run well with good specs ?
Hi, i'm currently making a video on SOTC, since i don't have the necessary hardware to record footage from my ps2 i decided to emulate the game.

Thing is, it's very, very stuttery.

My specs : Nvidia RTX 2060 Super / AMD Ryzen 7 2700X / 16 GB Ram / Windows 10

Weird thing is youtube is litteraly chocked full of videos from people who have worse specs than me and run it perfectly. I've tried all of their configurations, changed pretty much every setting, no luck, it always either looks like it has very low FPS, or runs in Slow-motion. 

Also, neither my gpu nor cpu seem to be working above 40% during emulation (from the task manager).

Its my first time using pcsx2 so i'm turning to you, what did i forget ? What am i doing wrong ? Thanks in advance Smile

Sponsored links

Video recorded using the build in recorder will run at full speed while watching the video even if the game was running at 1fps
The frame must be rendered and then the recorder will take it and create video with it

What speed are you getting and does removing the fps limit(f4)gives you more speed
Video 
(05-04-2020, 07:13 PM)vsub Wrote: Video recorded using the build in recorder will run at full speed while watching the video even if the game was running at 1fps
The frame must be rendered and then the recorder will take it and create video with it

What speed are you getting and does removing the fps limit(f4)gives you more speed

Speed is 100% and FPS is 60 according to pcsx2, but it sure as hell don't feel like it. When i remove the fps limit speed goes up to 180% and it actually looks like 180% (game is way too fast)
SotC isn't a 60 fps game
you'd have to apply a 60 fps patch, and that would hammer your cpu...
but you can try if you want
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(05-04-2020, 08:08 PM)jesalvein Wrote: SotC isn't a 60 fps game
you'd have to apply a 60 fps patch, and that would hammer your cpu...
but you can try if you want
I'd be happy to run it at 30 fps if it was constant and not choppy. Is there a way to ask pcsx2 to run it at 30fps ?
Iirc it actually runs @30 fps
(05-04-2020, 08:17 PM)jesalvein Wrote: Iirc it actually runs @30 fps
When i go into configuration > GS , framerate is at 59,94 and it's greyed out which means i can't change it. Do you think this might be the problem ?
No.
If you change this, you'll change the game speed, not the internal fps rate.
Boot up the game on your PS2, and watch carefully. Do you experience real internal 60 fps rate ?