Shadow of the colossus graphics problem
Okay, PCSX2 is tah bomb Laugh, I can play SOTC at 60fps.

Only problem is that is has some graphics issues. After searching around a bit on this forum; I found out that decreasing brightness and using a bigger internal resolution solves the problem with the light.

But shadows are weird and the light is still very bright!

My system: C2D e6400, 4gb DDR2 Ram, XFX Geforce 8800GT

PIC:

[Image: shadowxfw.jpg]

Sponsored links

The messed up shadow is a known issue in hardware mode. The only way to fix it is to use software mode. I'm not sure about the messed up bloom. Oh. You also want to say what mode Gsdx is in (DX9, or 10. Or maybe 11)
It's running on XP, so GSDX9. Is there a way off running dx10 on XP?
(07-05-2009, 08:03 PM)Merle Wrote: It's running on XP, so GSDX9. Is there a way off running dx10 on XP?

There is! BUT...is it worth it?? ---> http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-8054.html...t=worth+it xD
[Image: fs.png]
Q9550 @ 3,33GHz Ninja
HD 3850
You cannot use DX10 on XP. The problem is also present in DX10 mode as well, so it won't fix the shadow issue. With the newest revisions of GSDX, though, you don't need nearly as high of an internal res as you used to to cancel out the overbloom. 1024x1024 is enough to nearly eliminate the problem.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
(07-05-2009, 09:00 PM)KrazyTrumpeter05 Wrote: You cannot use DX10 on XP. The problem is also present in DX10 mode as well, so it won't fix the shadow issue. With the newest revisions of GSDX, though, you don't need nearly as high of an internal res as you used to to cancel out the overbloom. 1024x1024 is enough to nearly eliminate the problem.

Thx for the help!

So if I'm correct, there is no way of fixing the shadow glitch as of today?
nope!
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(07-06-2009, 12:14 PM)refraction Wrote: nope!

Damn Sad