Shadow of the colossus on G860.
Hey guys, I got the SB G860 @ 3.0 ghz and a GTS 450. (4gb RAM.)

Considering buying SOTC.

What settings would I need to run it at 1360 x 768?
Or, alternatively 2x scaling +FXAA forced in Nvidia inspector.

Also, speedhacks etc.

(I also have an i5 2300 coming, would this be the better option?)
(Bought both of these, g860 came first.)
(Trying to see which suits my needs.)

Sponsored links

Should be able to run at 2x resolution using Direct3D10/11 (Hardware) renderers on GSdx without a problem, as for speedhacks you'll want to enable the "VU cycle stealing" one set to the (2) or higher if necessary and the recommended speedhacks shouldn't harm either.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(10-30-2011, 07:53 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Should be able to run at 2x resolution using Direct3D10/11 (Hardware) renderers on GSdx without a problem, as for speedhacks you'll want to enable the "VU cycle stealing" one set to the (2) or higher if necessary and the recommended speedhacks shouldn't harm either.

Okay. How about 3x scaling + FXAA?

Would the i5 2300 present any noticable improvement?
Not sure how FXAA would affect performance exactly but 3x scaling should be achievable too, best will be for you to try it and see.

The i5 2400 would be faster in general and with the possibility to use the MTVU speedhack in latest SVN builds but you would still need same speedhacks for this game anyway.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(10-30-2011, 08:01 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Not sure how FXAA would affect performance exactly but 3x scaling should be achievable too, best will be for you to try it and see.

The i5 2300 would be faster in general and with the possibility to use the MTVU speedhack in latest SVN builds but you would still need same speedhacks for this game anyway.

If its any help, FXAA + 3x scaling works great in Infinite world. (G860.)
No FPS difference.(At least with limit on.)

If the i5 2300 works better, then I'll give the g860 and an h61 to a close friend. (Not an overclocker.)
The i5-2400 is better in every way.
Although, the 3.0Ghz SB dual should prove enough for the game, but you will want to use Speedhacks (especially the VU Cycle Stealing). MTVU did not help this game when I tried it myself.

When it comes to the internal res, your GPU should do pretty good. I would figure your limit will be around 2x or 3x scaling for this game (as with many games), but it really will be best to check first-hand. Smile
(10-31-2011, 04:24 AM)Rezard Wrote: The i5-2400 is better in every way.
Although, the 3.0Ghz SB dual should prove enough for the game, but you will want to use Speedhacks (especially the VU Cycle Stealing). MTVU did not help this game when I tried it myself.

When it comes to the internal res, your GPU should do pretty good. I would figure your limit will be around 2x or 3x scaling for this game (as with many games), but it really will be best to check first-hand. Smile

Yup. Sounds about right.
3x scaling and FXAA here I come!
Will the controls be jerky at all?
Any other things I should worry about?
The VU Cycle Stealing is especially help, but I see that x3 or higher will make the game "hard" to play(like fake FPS), especially when fight boss..!
PC Specs:
MB: Asus P8Z77 M-Pro
CPU: I7 3770K @4.4Ghz
VGA: Intel HD 4000
Ram: 2x4Gb Corsair 1600 C9
Screen: Asus ML248H
Yep, the i5 2300 can run it near flawlessly.
But not at 3x native.
1440 x 900 + FXAA works pretty well, tho.
I know that I'm Necro'ing this a bit, but...

Could a GTX 660 do 4x native at fullspeed?
I still have the I5 2300.