ShadowMan 2nd coming - Virtual USB HDD?
Greetings, i have been trying to play this game for a while on the emulator because it would be the only way to enjoy this game in 3D
unfortunately the game seems to have serious problems with distortions and textures.
Then i decided to buy the disc, but since i wanted speed loading at least, i spent money on a fat PS2 and i made an HDloader HDD
to my surprise, in a real PS2 with internal HDD and using OPL the game seems to have the similar problems
the problems go away if use OPL settings DMA0 (default is UDMA4) but the textures in the game look wrong in "deadside" just like with the emulator
UDMA4 activated makes the textures look awful, and the game gives a disc error.

but i discovered that by running the game from a USB connected Hard drive using OPL v0.9.3, the game runs fine, all textures look good, no disc erros.
another difference with running games from a USB flash stick or external HDD is that the DMA settings are non-existent - only drawback is that the game loads very slow

The question now is this:

it seems that there is a way to run OPL with the emulator, but --
is there a way to create a virtual External USB HDD to see if ShadowMan 2nd coming behaves the same way? it would be nice because a virtual external USB drive would make loading faster Smile
or will the only resort be, to run the game using an external USB HDD on the PC with the same loading speed drawbacks? Unsure 
(well at least if it runs fine it could run in 3D)

thanks in advance folks, hopefully this weird method will help fix some troublesome games.

Sponsored links

I'm glad you finally went legit Wink But that is very interesting, we've wondered what was wrong with ShadowMan 2nd Coming for aaages, but if the same thing happens when not loading from the disc, that could point to a problem with our CDVD code, so thank you for that!

There is a HDD plugin, if you check out the Plugins section, you should see one in there, give that a try Smile

Edit: This one I think http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Experimen...DD-Support
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(10-19-2016, 10:48 AM)refraction Wrote: I'm glad you finally went legit Wink But that is very interesting, we've wondered what was wrong with ShadowMan 2nd Coming for aaages, but if the same thing happens when not loading from the disc, that could point to a problem with our CDVD code, so thank you for that!

There is a HDD plugin, if you check out the Plugins section, you should see one in there, give that a try Smile

Edit: This one I think http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Experimen...DD-Support

im a noob here obviously but i'd try everything to get shadowman 2 to work with pcsx2, so im kinda confused and i was wondering how i can try this method out too
(11-22-2016, 10:08 PM)leftymetal Wrote: im a noob here obviously but i'd try everything to get shadowman 2 to work with pcsx2, so im kinda confused and i was wondering how i can try this method out too

the virtual usb method did not work ,i managed to get both a virtual hardrive and a virtual usb device working , but the emulator will not run Shadowman 2nd coming from the virtual USB
it seems that the emulator will not allow OPL to run games in MDMA modes 0, 1 and 2 nor UDMA 0
MDMA mode 0 Or UDMA mode 0 work almost very similar to the DMA mode <no values> in the real console, the only difference is that after the opening cinema, the game gets stuck loading the deadside level with a "read error" message. (with a real disk all you have to do is take it out and load it again)
MDMA mode 0 Or UDMA mode 0 will not work in the virtual setup, the emulator freezes, NONE of the MDMA modes work with the emulator, nor UDMA 0

if we could get the emulator to work with DMA mode <no values> for the virtual USB or MDMA modes or UDMA mode 0 i think that the only change we will see is that the textures are correct , but the stretching and deforming , i don´t think that will be corrected.

The game only runs correctly on the console with a real disc or using OPL with the USB device with a real console,
running an iso from the HDD in the real console will result in texture corruptions with OPL MDMA modes 1 2, UDMA 1, 2 ,3 4