Shadows In .hack//Infection
does anyone know how to fix or turn off the shadows in .hack//infection? They render, but they render away from the characters and move around randomly depending on where your camera is. I've heard Software mode fixes it, but my computer doesn't do well with sofware mode. I'd be fine just turning them off to, but I'm pretty sure that isn't possible with the emulator. Anyone found a solution?

Sponsored links

I've just tried ZeroGS and GSDX, in DirectX10 + 9 modes, none of which works, and as I said earlier Software mode for some reason renders the shadows correctly.
You can't fix them. Settle with software mode or live with them
[Image: newsig.jpg]
software mode relies entirely on your CPU right? As pcsx2 is developed may the bug be resolved?
Right. There is a chance but it's pretty low, or it might just take years. Or it might never get fixed
are there any CPUs that are powerful enough to sustain 60fps in software mode? I would be looking at an AMD Phenom II Quad-Core clocked at 3.4GHz as the best I can afford/use.
It really depends on the game. You will surely need a quad, but I can't tell for sure what kind of processor you will be needing. You could try making an estimate with the FPS you get now in software mode in 2 threads and add about +50% from the 2 extra cores and whatever the Ghz difference (linear of course)
is the 2 extra cores really going to kick it up 50% though? As pcsx2 isn't written to take full advantage of more than 2 cores?
GSdx software can use more than 2 cores, you set how many threads you want it to produce in the configuration dialog