Shaking or flickering during game play
Hi all,

Hi all,

I wonder if anyone is an expert in this. I try playing these games on my pc

Super Robot War Z
Dynasty Warrior 5

but i discovered games kept flickering on my screen but it never happened for my Sd Gundam Generation War.

May i know why? Is it a bug?

I check with my friends and they mentioned to download the latest svn. Can that solve the problem?

My com specs is
Intel® Xeon® W3540 2.93GHz/8MB L3 Cache/4.8GT/s
4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 SDRAM Memory, 1066MHz,ECC
512MB PCIe x16 nVidia Quadro FX580, DisplayPort,DVI

Thanks alot

Sponsored links

Have you tried different Interlacing? You can find it in Config->Graphics or cycle through the different settings by pressing F5 during gameplay.

BTW The SVN version may solve certain issues while causing others. Not official stuff. Smile That, and, nobody here will likely help you if you're using a SVN.

Here's the latest OFFICIAL PCSX2 Beta and Plugins. Go that route for help on the OFFICIAL forums.
Actually Rezard is right It happens in Smackdown!Vs.Raw 2008 aswell but the F5 key solves all shaking screen problems
EDIT:FYI Rezard even with my sleazy specs I manage to get 30FPS on it Laugh NO Offence
(05-07-2010, 01:54 PM)Speedy42 Wrote: EDIT:FYI Rezard even with my sleazy specs I manage to get 30FPS on it Laugh NO Offence

No reason for me to take offense. I'm always happy to see how different PC's (especially mid & low-end ones) perform with different games. Smile
It work dude thanks to all who provide the valuable advice.
Can i ask doe the power of the graphic card involved in the performance of the game play?
(05-13-2010, 05:10 AM)shadowdragon80 Wrote: It work dude thanks to all who provide the valuable advice.
No problem. Biggrin

(05-13-2010, 05:10 AM)shadowdragon80 Wrote: Can i ask doe the power of the graphic card involved in the performance of the game play?

In general, yes (unless using Software mode). Although, how much will vary from game to game.

As for this game, I'm gonna guess more so than not. This is merely based off speedy42's speeds. 30fps would be more thanks to his GPU, as it's much more capable of good emulation than his CPU. Just speculation here. Don't take my word for it, by all means. Smile
Yep I used ATI Overdrive to OC mine to about 680Mhz GPU clock and 490Mhz Memory clock Smile
EDIT:You are welcome Smile
Intel E5700 @3.0Ghz,
Xfx Radeon 5670 1Gb,
4Gb DDR3 Ram,
Microsoft Windows7 Ultimate x86
Hi all,

I wonder does anyone has a solution for it. I was playing SD Gundam Wars Generation, and game play would normally jerk and slow down especially when having scene with alot of explosions or the robot is firing a huge ray laser beam. The picture will then jerk or pause a bit and not running smooth. Thus i wonder if i have actually set my configuration wrongly.

My specs
Intel® Xeon® W3540 2.93GHz/8MB L3 Cache/4.8GT/s
4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 SDRAM Memory, 1066MHz,ECC
512MB PCIe x16 nVidia Quadro FX580, DisplayPort,DVI

Graphics:
SSSE3 supporting CPus
Renderer: "Direct3D9 (software)"
SW rend. threads: 3
CD-ROM - i selected the virtual created from Daemon
Gigaherz's CDVD v0.7.0

Am i doing anything wrong? Please advise.
Looks fine, the problem is that the scenes you describe most probably cause heavy GS usage and since you're using software renderer (i guess to work around some bugs, else you really should use hardware) the FPS plummet since your processor can't take the load.
Also you should dismount your ISO from daemon tools and simply use the Linuz ISO CDVD plugin to directly run your game image.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(06-21-2010, 10:30 AM)Bositman Wrote: Looks fine, the problem is that the scenes you describe most probably cause heavy GS usage and since you're using software renderer (i guess to work around some bugs, else you really should use hardware) the FPS plummet since your processor can't take the load.
Also you should dismount your ISO from daemon tools and simply use the Linuz ISO CDVD plugin to directly run your game image.

Hi Bositman,

I try to load the ISO using Linux ISO CDVD plugin but the program said that the plugin failed to work. Next I tried to use the Hardware configuration as recommendation but the graphic turn out to be real bad. Is it due to my graphic card?