Shin Megami Tensei Digital Devil Saga 1-2 Slowdown
I'm a shin megami tensei fan, I really enjoy jrpgs, and I've been playing persona 3 FES lately, and I haven't been having any problems, and getting full 60 fps. But when I try to play Digital Devil Saga games it's very slow, they both begin with 60 fps but when I go to other areas it just slows down, is there anything I can do to get higher fps?

Sponsored links

The game is a bit of a resource hog. Make sure you are using the latest SVN and have checked the MTVU hack from here: http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(09-05-2011, 11:36 PM)Bositman Wrote: The game is a bit of a resource hog. Make sure you are using the latest SVN and have checked the MTVU hack from here: http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/

Rly? i only use the usal hacks, and dont see any big problem, or slowdown, btw to the op what is ur specs?
My specs: atlhon [email protected], Ati 4770 512mb ddr5
CPU: AMD Phenom II X2 550 (2CPUs) - 3.01 GHz
GPU: Radeon 4850 HD (512 mb)
RAM: DDR2 (4096 mb)

By the way, I've already used speed hacks and got better results, but it says using speed hacks may cause other problems, so far I haven't seen any problems.

For Example, I've been playing persona 3 FES in full speed without any speedhacks. But I've been getting 38-42 fps on digital devil saga 2, so I increased the second cycle on speedhacks and got a better speed, actually I got fullspeed. But what are the consequences of speedhacks?

And one more thing, sorry Bositman but I don't have much experience with pcsx2 and I don't know them meaning of SVN or MTVU, so I couldn't understand your solution.

Thanks for the help.
SVN is a revision system, you can find out about it by reading it up on google. MTVU means Multi-threaded VU and it is a new speed hack option, which I don't think you need to know what it means to check the box beside it and enable it...
Speed hacks can cause hangs,crashes and all kinds of unexpected behavior. That said, many games are unaffected by some, or all of them. Through trial and error you can find out which are safe for each game and use them.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
u can put EE to 2 and dont gonna have any problem, u can have problems if ur using the undub version, w or w/o hacks, the game hang in some events.
Thanks for your help guys, It works good for now, but I might need your help again later.
I have a problem again, I'm using speed-hacks, but It still slows down in certain areas, isn't my hardware enough? Or is there anything I can do?

PS: I'm not using the undub version, its NTSC-U
(09-07-2011, 12:52 AM)jackmaldow Wrote: I have a problem again, I'm using speed-hacks, but It still slows down in certain areas, isn't my hardware enough? Or is there anything I can do?

PS: I'm not using the undub version, its NTSC-U

try changing the clamp modes to none, and if that dont work stick with native resolution.

I can play this game @3x resolution, with the recommended hacks w/o problems, the only big diference is that my cpu is @3.6 and ur @3ghz so maybe u wanna make a little oc. o/
well the 3 Ghz is the recommended minimum (Sounds stupid I know) when I still had my dual core I could play some games aswell, ofcourse I had to tweak way more then I need to do now Smile I've been reading and I heard from a friend, that with my stock cooler I can bring my 980 up 2 4 ghz Smile