Shin Megami Tensei Digital Devil Saga 1-2 Slowdown
(09-07-2011, 02:22 AM)StriFe79 Wrote: well the 3 Ghz is the recommended minimum (Sounds stupid I know) when I still had my dual core I could play some games aswell, ofcourse I had to tweak way more then I need to do now Smile I've been reading and I heard from a friend, that with my stock cooler I can bring my 980 up 2 4 ghz Smile

i cant keep stable my atlhon @3.9, always die after 2-3 hours xD, so 3.6 is good enough.

Sponsored links

well eitherway, I was wondering, I see so much SMT games coming by, if u finished Persona 3 and 4, what would be also a decent game, that kinda fits in that gameplay?? (Sorry if I steal this topic, but I was thinking, well why not ask) Smile
(09-07-2011, 02:44 AM)StriFe79 Wrote: well eitherway, I was wondering, I see so much SMT games coming by, if u finished Persona 3 and 4, what would be also a decent game, that kinda fits in that gameplay?? (Sorry if I steal this topic, but I was thinking, well why not ask) Smile

pretty decent, "similar" to persona 3(all the shin megami all similar in some points) , if the main char die is game over, u need to take ur time to choce ur skills, cause if u leave one out u never gonna see it again + some skills r necesary to get a easy fight against mid-bosses(matador is one of those that go to easy to super hard xD), not voiced(nocturne, digital saga is voiced).
So which one do u recommend for the PS2 ofcourse?? Nocturne or Digital Saga 1 & 2??
(09-07-2011, 08:27 AM)StriFe79 Wrote: So which one do u recommend for the PS2 ofcourse?? Nocturne or Digital Saga 1 & 2??

i would say both, they are a little old so the price here was like 7 usa bucks per game, but maybe u wanna play first digital saga and lear about the mantra system, imo is more easy to play even in hard mode that nocturne.
I've been reading the wikipedia of it, and Digital Saga still peaks my interest more then Nocturne Smile Wikipedia also said, that SMTDS is more forgiving with it's Voice Actors and other parts Smile Though SMTDS is newer then Nocturne ofcourse Smile Thanks Ecchiless Smile
Let's try to stick with my problems Laugh

I'm already using the native resolution (it would be nice if I could get higher). And EE cycle is set to 3 (max).
I Don't know how to change the clamp modes to none, how do I do that?
Btw, I've been playin SMT: Persona 3 FES lately, works perfect, never had any slowdowns.
And I do not know much about overclocking, I heard it is dangerous and doesn't make that much difference.

EDIT: By the way, this may not be right place, but I need some advice. I really enjoy console games and I'm trying to create a collection for 5th-6th gen consoles (such as psp, psx, ps2, nintendo gamecube-ds-wii-64, sega saturn-dreamcast...). I would like to know, with my hardware, which ones would work properly on my computer? For example, ps1 games, would they work good or psp games?
I hate flooding, but guys, any help please?
You can set the clamp modes to none under the Config->Emulation Settings option,then under EE/IOP and VU, you have "clamping" options. set those to "none". Also double check your "Denormals are Zero" and "Flush to Zero" are set, persona 3 likes these Tongue

As to the last one, most if not all of those should be fine, with the gamecube/wii emulator dolphin, make sure you get a recent version as there have been some big speed boosts.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

1. Actually persona 3 works fine, better than fine, it works at full speed.
2. My main problem is digital devil saga and I st clamping options to none, and no difference, same slowdowns at same areas. Also I couldn't find "denormals are zero" and "flush to zero" options. Any other solutions?
3. Thanks for the emu info, I'll try dolphin.

EDIT: EE cycle doesn't affect it too, still get 45 fps in certain areas. Seems like speedhacks doesn't work at all for me.