Shin Megami Tensei Digital Devil Saga 1-2 Slowdown
PCSX2 settings? plugin settings? what do the EE/GS% numbers in game window say when you get slowdowns?
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64

Sponsored links

I'm using GSDX9 for video plugins, and it's set to default, I haven't changed anything.

When speedhacks aren't enabled

FPS 38-40
EE %95-99
GS %10-21
UI 0

When I enable some speed hacks from the emulation settings:

EE cycle rate - max
Enable Wait Loop Detection- enabled
Enable Intc spin detection- enabled
mVU flag hack- enabled
mVU block hack- enabled

clamps are set to normal , or zero, doesn't change anything

FPS is more like 42-46

and the other ones are the same.
(09-08-2011, 05:53 PM)jackmaldow Wrote: I'm using GSDX9 for video plugins, and it's set to default, I haven't changed anything.

When speedhacks aren't enabled

FPS 38-40
EE %95-99
GS %10-21
UI 0

When I enable some speed hacks from the emulation settings:

EE cycle rate - max
Enable Wait Loop Detection- enabled
Enable Intc spin detection- enabled
mVU flag hack- enabled
mVU block hack- enabled

clamps are set to normal , or zero, doesn't change anything

FPS is more like 42-46

and the other ones are the same.

have u try to oc ur cpu? cause i cant see any problem with my game, i use EE to 2 and clamp mode to none, and the game runs @70-80(Some times more) fps with frame limited off.
I haven't tried it, but like I said, I have no experience about it, and it's a little risky, isn't there another solution?
I mean any upgrading it with add-ons, or changing some other settings on plugins or emulation settings?
windows 7, the u can use directx 10-11
Does it make a difference? I'm using xp and I think I can change my software system.
As ecchiless said (how did you miss it..) if you had Vista or Win 7 you could use the DX10/11 mode of GSdx which is faster than DX9 (and extremely faster for some games)
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Though He only should change to Vista or Win7 eitherway, since his card is DX10 only Smile
Wow, great news, I'll try as soon as possible, when I find a win 7.

By the way, guys there are more questions I want to ask, and since we have this thread, I think I should not open one more.

1.We said that the heavier, faster games run slower than the other ones, like mgs3 and GoW. But, if it would really be about that, I think 10.000 Bullets would run way slower on my pc. But it works perfect, on full speed. What is the main reason actually?

2.Most of the games are playable, I know and well my cpu may not be the highest but it seems like it's enough for most of the games I'd like to play. But I want to know which games wouldn't work on my system. I mean, give me some names, Can I play MGS3 at full speed, or GOW, or DMC, or some other heavy game?

3.Does it matter if I use PAL or NTSC versions? I know that most of the pal versions play at maximum 50 fps (if you don't choose 60hz mode), Which ones should I use?

Btw, thanks for your efforts.

Apparently PAL always runs @ 50 fps. It's hardcoded into it Smile and NTSC runs @ 60 fps. Atleast they try to run it on that speed heh. About which games, that's a good question I really don't know about that sorry Smile