Shin Megami Tensei Digital Devil Saga 1 + 2
Hi!

I searched the forum quite some time but still - it seems these two games should actually run. My problem with them is, after starting, I see the logos and then the screen goes black. The emulator doesn't hang, if I just press a button, I proceed to the main menu. However, every time a video should be displayed, the screen and audio freezes after a fraction of a second (strangely, I can still see the subtitles). I can still skip every video, and doing so will get me ingame, which works fairly well, but that would somehow ruin the game experience (since I don't know what the hell's going on ;-) ).

Currently, I'm using the latest svn-build (rev 640), but the problem does also occur in older versions (including some older playground - revs and the official pcsx2). All my other plugins are up to date, and changing them doesn't really affect this specific bug. SpeedHacks are disabled (although enabling them doesn't affect it either). I also tried various combinations of clamping in the advanced - section, but none had any effect (regarding this issue).
I'd really appreciate any help,

regards,
Soul

Sponsored links

You must be using a PAL version right ?? NTSC version doesn't have this problem afaik. But I already read somewhere that PAL version have this issue. Some cutscenes gets black screen and you need to skip 'em to move on.
[Image: pibjimh9rqzvk1yz5kl.jpg]

(01-26-2009, 11:27 PM)Gentleman Wrote: You must be using a PAL version right ?? NTSC version doesn't have this problem afaik. But I already read somewhere that PAL version have this issue. Some cutscenes gets black screen and you need to skip 'em to move on.

yeah i'm using the PAL version. Seems I'm stuck with this problem. Thanks for the info, I'll just wait till some future release will fix this.

regards,
Soul