Shin Megami Tensei - Digital Sevil Saga 2 regular freezes
Hey guys,

as said in the title, Digital Devil Saga 2 is (like its predecessor, but even more often) freezing regularly. This goes so far that most of the cutscenes won't finish, since most of them are freezing at some point. But I'm currently in an area where the game is freezing so often that it is, in my opinion, almost impossible to play. Interesting is, that some areas are more "dangered" by this than others. But even in the less dangered areas I always have to pray, only to see the game freezing anyway.

I can provide a memory card where I currently am in such an area an you will run into a freeze after at least 5 to 10 minutes. If you just walk in the room with the savestate a bit, it'll freeze in about 1 minute Wink. If an output of the debug or devel version of PCSX2 could be helpful, please just ask for it and I'll get some.

Needless to say, I'm using no speed hacks and fooled with the settings quite a bit with no result. If there's is a know fix I just didn't find, please tell me.

In my issue about this, which is closed with "yesweknow" by now so I can't link to it, I was told that there'd be a know solution for this problem. I hope that this was no reference to the "EE timing hack", since this one is not fixing the problem, but only reducing it slightly (like in part 1 Sad ). If no, please tell me now Smile. My search in the forum didn't find much except this "fix" though...
Rejoice, they say. Color is back.

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(10-09-2011, 01:46 PM)refraction Wrote: In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.

Sorry, I forgot about that.

My hardware (will most likely not matter though, should be fast enough):
- Inter Core i7 2600k @ 3,4 Ghz.
- GeForce GTX 570
- 8 GB DDR3 RAM
- Windows 7 64-bit

I'm using r4918, but the current beta doesn't run it correctly either.

Since I also used the default settings without result, let's assume I everything is default.

As said, I try to play Digital Devil Saga 2 (PAL), but with NTSC video mode. But playing in PAL doesn't help much either. I play it from a self-made iso and not from DVD, since I'm not mad Tongue.
I'm 10 hours into the game and had no freeze here (even using recommended speed hacks). Using the NTSC version and latest SVN too.
Quote:As said, I try to play Digital Devil Saga 2 (PAL), but with NTSC video mode
How is that possible, exactly?
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(10-09-2011, 02:26 PM)Bositman Wrote: How is that possible, exactly?

some games have selectors ;p
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(10-09-2011, 02:26 PM)Bositman Wrote: I'm 10 hours into the game and had no freeze here (even using recommended speed hacks). Using the NTSC version and latest SVN too.

Would you mind posting me your exact settings? I'm either screwing something up horribly or the PAL version is making the problems here. If the last is the case: I assume a fix won't be easy, since it's "YesWeKnow", right?

(10-09-2011, 03:19 PM)refraction Wrote: some games have selectors ;p

Yes, that's how it works with Digital Devil Saga 2, too.
It's all default except the EE timing hack which is on. DDS games are known to be buggier on PAL rather than NTSC on PCSX2 so I guess that is possible....
[Image: newsig.jpg]