Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne Slow downs
Hello.  I'm playing Shin Megami Tensei on laptop with the following CPU. I expected this to handle this emulator like cake but It is slow 40-50% of the time although playable. Is there anything I can adjust in the settings to make It speed up?

CPU: Intel® Core™ i3-2310M CPU @ 2.10GHz  2.10 GHz
GPU: NVIDIA NVS 4200M

Thanks.

Saturnize

Sponsored links

sorry, but no.
That one is definitely too weak to handle anything with pcsx2
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Bump.
Bump what? jesalvein explained that your laptop is to weak to run PCSX2. And I mean WAY to weak.
Windows 11 64 bit OS
Intel Core i7-10700
Geforce RTX 2060 6GB
32 GB DDR4 RAM
An Intel i3 sandybridge CPU does a good job of doing things like running said game on PCSX2 but not 100%. Also runs games like Oblivion, Devil May Cry 4, Street Fighter 4 and Dynasty Warriors near flawlessly save load time hiccups (HDD). This is the only PS2 game I've tried on this laptop. There should be a setting or two I could tweak for increased performance no?
Quote:lso runs games like Oblivion, Devil May Cry 4, Street Fighter 4 and Dynasty Warriors near flawlessly save load time hiccups (HDD)
are those games emulated PS2 games ?
I know what You're saying. Even so, I was expecting some tidbits of advice on where to tweak My settings, be it Speedhacks, etc.
you can tinker with speedhacks and set windows power plan to high performance.
and that's about it...
Try this patch to improve the performance, if the Aggressive CRC hack level does not work (it was removed two years ago):
https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-No-inter...#pid611562
this cpu .......Single Thread Rating: 941 UPSS!