Shining Force EXA
Hello everyone, i am new here, and just have a quick question.

I need some help with this game. I got it working with good looking graphics and all, but the framerate is not fast enough. I was hoping it'd stay 80 percent throughout, but it drops to 65 at normal fights, and big fights its horrid.
I just want to know if anyone else has this game working , and has gotten it to perform almost as well as on the ps2 ^_^.

Any increase in speed is helpful, so please, help me out will ya ?

Specs - Radeon X800XL 256mb
2.8 GHZ Pentium Dual Core
1 Gb of Ram
Service Pack 2

Sponsored links

I think the main source of your problem is the fact that your graphics card is pretty weak and it wouldnt hurt to overclock your processor a little bit Smile
(03-03-2009, 09:22 AM)InuYasha2k8 Wrote: Hello everyone, i am new here, and just have a quick question.

I need some help with this game. I got it working with good looking graphics and all, but the framerate is not fast enough. I was hoping it'd stay 80 percent throughout, but it drops to 65 at normal fights, and big fights its horrid.
I just want to know if anyone else has this game working , and has gotten it to perform almost as well as on the ps2 ^_^.

1 Gb of Ram
Service Pack 2

If that processor is a Pentium D and NOT a Core 2 Duo it is the main reason of your low FPS. You need a Core 2 Duo at about 3 Ghz to enjoy most games with PCSX2
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(03-03-2009, 01:25 PM)Bositman Wrote:
(03-03-2009, 09:22 AM)InuYasha2k8 Wrote: Hello everyone, i am new here, and just have a quick question.

1 Gb of Ram
Service Pack 2

If that processor is a Pentium D and NOT a Core 2 Duo it is the main reason of your low FPS. You need a Core 2 Duo at about 3 Ghz to enjoy most games with PCSX2

Ok, well thanks very much for clearing that up. But then the question i have is. Is there anything i can do with plugins, settings, on the emulator itself to increase speed, because im not gonna be able to get a new card or processor or cpu anytime soon. So is there any way to speed it up from the emulator's plugins, settings,etc.?
http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/5300/81306621.jpg

I got this when i try to run Shining Force EXA on PCSX2 on my laptop. Mya laptop have X9100 for CPU and Quadro 2700M for VGA so i don't think it lack of power to run this game. The problem may be is the setting or i missing some plugin. I'm using Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit. So could you please help me with the setting and plugins that 1 need to play this game? I really love this game