Shining Force NEO resolution question
Hello, just a noob question here. When switching my internal resolution from Native to x3 Native in order to have prettier graphics, i'm having a issue. The world while walking around, the characters, the effects etc looks a lot better, but the letters and some sprites(?) do not scale properly. I've tried using HW Hacks, none helped. The problem becomes cleary on my TV through HDMI cable (1920x1080). On my 1366x768 VGA monitor it still appears but its a bit better.

Intel Core i7-4790 3.60 GHz
16 GB RAM
NVidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti

My Settings:

In-game difference:

Thanks in advance!
[Image: qs0234-2.png]

Sponsored links

Anisotropic Filtering fixes that and you can use from HW hacks,FXAA if you still don't like it but it's costly(not that you have to worry about that tho)
(04-23-2016, 06:15 AM)vsub Wrote: Anisotropic Filtering fixes that and you can use from HW hacks,FXAA if you still don't like it but it's costly(not that you have to worry about that tho)

Thanks for your response. But it did little to no difference activating FXAA and x16 Anisotropic Filtering. I tried them together and separate and meh. Sad
Texture Filtering (Bilinear Forced) will reduce the pixelness on the text and icons on your screen a bit, but other than that there's not much you can do about it.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
(04-23-2016, 07:23 AM)Ryudo Wrote: Texture Filtering (Bilinear Forced) will reduce the pixelness on the text and icons on your screen a bit, but other than that there's not much you can do about it.

Thanks for the help. It did work, but created other small graphical bugs(black lines, black squares). I've tried almost everything by now and i think you're right, there isn't much to do indeed.
[Image: qs0234-2.png]
By the way upscaling only works on 3D objects and not 2d ones like the hud and text for example. That is why its lower quality then the 3d character models. Only thing that would help 2d objects is filtering which you have tried already.