Should Shadow Of The Colossus run me with this?
Hello everyone!

Well, i have a new pc, and it's running everything in a incredible way Laugh But i want to know if this pc could run Shadow Of The Colossus on 60 fps like the winners (using or not using speedhacks, i don't care about that)

My pc Specs:

GTX 660 Zotac 2gb DDR5
P8B75-m Asus MotherBoard
GSkill 4gb 1600MHZ Sniper DDR3
Cooler Master 600 Watts
Intel Core I5 22nm 3450 Ivy Bridge 3.4GHZ

Also i want to know which version is the best to run SoTC. I'd only tested 1.0.0 and r1888, and r1888 works better than 1.0.0.

Well, thank you very much, and sorry for the broken english Laugh

Sponsored links

I get 25-ish fps with a 3.2 (I don't use speedhacks) it's HEAVY on resources. you will have to play with speedhacks till you can get 60 fps, but yes, you can get there
(11-15-2012, 11:38 PM)Saiki Wrote: I get 25-ish fps with a 3.2 (I don't use speedhacks) it's HEAVY on resources. you will have to play with speedhacks till you can get 60 fps, but yes, you can get there

Thanks! Well, if i can't get 60 perfect, i think than at least i will play in 30 capped, like PS3 version. That's enough for me. I'm dying to play this beautiful game (BEST GAME EVER) again.
Just use VU Cycle Stealing up a notch or two, the game will run fine and loads faster Smile
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(11-15-2012, 11:46 PM)HellHeart Wrote: Thanks! Well, if i can't get 60 perfect, i think than at least i will play in 30 capped, like PS3 version. That's enough for me. I'm dying to play this beautiful game (BEST GAME EVER) again.

Just to let you know, fps in PCSX2 doesn't work like it does in conventional PC games. Everything in the PS2 was clocked at 60fps (for NTSC regions, 50fps for PAL) -- sound, graphics, whatever. So in actuality, 30fps is half of the game's normal speed. Basically, think of 60fps in PCSX2 as "full speed", rather than 60fps, Smile.
Ummm I don't know about that. The game runs slow even at 45FPS. Good luck trying to play it at 30. Now that's really slow.
I5 3570k 3.4ghz| 4GB R9 290| 8GB DDR3
That is because, as was mentioned, this is not the same as PC games. A PS2 game running at 30fps on PCSX2 is running at half-speed, which includes everything. A PC game running at 30fps just has some choppy graphics, but the game itself runs normally. Hence the confusion for a lot of people.
I know that. That's why I said good luck to him/her at trying to play the game at 30fps. As for PC games however 30FPS isnt choppy at all. I played many games at 20-25FPS and they were just fine and smooth. Now anything below 20fps that's when you start having problems.
I5 3570k 3.4ghz| 4GB R9 290| 8GB DDR3
Going on a slight tangent here, and it's probably going to be slightly different for some people, but I wouldn't call anything at 20-25fps smooth. Playable, sure, but it's not an ideal experience.
24fps is the standard framerate for movies (and has been for forever), but that is only because that's pretty much the lowest framerate they could get away with that still maintains the illusion of motion. It's only still used today because switching to say 48fps, as at least some try to do now, wouldn't be exactly cheap when done industrywide.
I can easily see a very large difference in smoothness of motion up to footage in true 60fps, and if I knew someone with a 120hz display I'd play around with that a bit too, as it can still be noticeable.
Ok, so i don't have to think in running it in 30 FPS, but in 60 FPS. I hope i could do that with the speed hacks Laugh