Should i use Ultimate Performance Mode?
I was considering resorting to UPM to get my games to consistently run at full speed. I have them at native resolution, no upscaled textures, default graphic pluginsĀ and optimal speedhacks for each game, but some STILL don't run at full speed most of the time! I have 6 GB Ram and over 3GHz CPU, so what's the problem!? I can only assume my power on my GPU and CPU are artificially limited, so i was going to switch to UPM to fix it. I'm on Windows 11 BTW

Sponsored links

Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Please make sure to enclose your emulog in code tags like so (remove the empty space on the closing code tag!):
[code]
Pasted emulog goes here
[ /code]
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
What is the name of said 3ghz cpu? and the gpu would be nice to know aswell.
(03-17-2022, 04:34 PM)Zkybi Wrote: What is the name of said 3ghz cpu? and the gpu would be nice to know aswell.

Assuming the OP's specs haven't changed, he said in a previous post that he had 6GB RAM, Ryzen 5 3500u and a AMD Radeon Vega 8
Windows 11 64 bit OS
Intel Core i7-10700
Geforce RTX 2060 6GB
32 GB DDR4 RAM
(03-17-2022, 09:08 PM)envisaged0ne Wrote: Assuming the OP's specs haven't changed, he said in a previous post that he had 6GB RAM, Ryzen 5 3500u and a AMD Radeon Vega 8

Oh ok, Not the most awe inspiering specs but it isn't by any means bad.
(03-15-2022, 05:31 PM)Jabre7 Wrote: I was considering resorting to UPM to get my games to consistently run at full speed. I have them at native resolution, no upscaled textures, default graphic pluginsĀ and optimal speedhacks for each game, but some STILL don't run at full speed most of the time! I have 6 GB Ram and over 3GHz CPU, so what's the problem!? I can only assume my power on my GPU and CPU are artificially limited, so i was going to switch to UPM to fix it. I'm on Windows 11 BTW

If the post telling me your running integrated graphics is true i would recommend finding a used graphics card (like a 1050ti or something) it will reduce the load on your ram since integrated gpus use your ram as Vram, and the system will have a very nice jump in power aswell.

I looked at Userbenchmark and the 1050ti is around 300% faster in ideal conditions. (i know userbenchmark won't result to reallife performance most of the time but it's a good base when looking to upgrade)