"Shutokou Battle 0" Widescreen Patch Not Working PCSX2 1.4.0
Patch works fine on US version of the game (in the name of "Tokyo Xtreme Racer Zero")but somehow things still stretched in JP version......

Extracting patch file or putting it into Cheat folder then enable cheat doesn't change anything.

Sponsored links

Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Please make sure to enclose your emulog in code tags like so (remove the empty space on the closing code tag!):
[code]
Pasted emulog goes here
[ /code]
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I've just found the cause. The name of widescreen patch file for JP version doesn't exist in the cheat_ws.zip. Later I checked within a "widescreen package" released ages ago before widescreen officially implemented in PCSX2, but even the JP patch located in the 'Shutokou Battle 0' folder for that "package" had the wrong name (77D0DACC.pnach, and even this name doesn't exist in the current cheat_ws.zip for 1.4.0 or 1.5.0) and after I changed it to the correct name (F9D5C6A6.pnach) plus putting it in cheat_ws folder it finally works.

I guess I might be one of very few who got my hands on JP disc and actually want play it just for the sake of km/h speed unit display instead of mph and that's why nobody ever noticed Tongue

There also isn't a widescreen patch at all for PAL version ("Tokyo Xtreme Racer") which offers English interface as well as km/h.