Silent Crash (Updated)
I just followed the load instructions at: http://pcsx2-mac.quant0r.com/running-pcsx2mac/ and when I run the app it just quits. I decided to start XQuartz and run the executable (/Applications/pcsx2.app/Contents/MacOS/pcsx2). When I do that I get the following output:

2010-07-08 16:42:54.058 pcsx2[3855:903] Application did finish launching. Now about to execute script
2010-07-08 16:42:54.060 pcsx2[3855:903] Preparing for execution
2010-07-08 16:42:54.060 pcsx2[3855:903] About to execute script
2010-07-08 16:42:54.061 pcsx2[3855:903] Task launched

It then quits. I followed the install instructions and installed XQuartz, NVIDIA CG pacakge, and then pcsx2. I am new to this and at a loss.

I did some searching on various forums and one poster that had the same problem found that pcsx2 was looking for /usr/x11/ and since he was running HFS+ he had /usr/X11/ which was causing the problem. I too have a /usr/X11/ so I am not sure if that is causing the problem. He fixed it with a symlink so I did some research and tried using the following command:

sudo ln -s /usr/X11/ /usr/x11/

The command executed properly but it did not fix the problem; same thing happens.

My hardware is a 2009 MBP, 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 1067 Mhz DDR3, running Snow Leopard. Any suggestions are much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

UPDATE (09 July 2010): I found an additional pcsx2 executable under the /Applications/pcsx2.app/Contents/Resources/pcsx2 folder and attempted to run it under Terminal but received this error:

dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/X11/lib/libX11.6.dylib
Referenced from: /Applications/pcsx2.app/Contents/Resources/pcsx2/./pcsx2
Reason: image not found
Trace/BPT trap

There is also a pcsx2.sh script that I thought I would run with this command: sh ./pcsx2.sh and I received this error:

dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/X11/lib/libX11.6.dylib
./pcsx2.sh: line 2: 64686 Trace/BPT trap ./pcsx2

I am not sure if any of this helps and hopefully I am not providing too much information, I just really want to get this rolling so I am trying everything I can find and think of. Surely someone has gotten this to run on a 2009 unibody MBP. Right?

UPDATE 2: I decided to uninstall XQuartz 2.5 and reload X11 from the Snow Leopard installation DVD. This got me farther. This time running pcsx2 started the program, which started X11, but gave me this error:

dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/X11/lib/libcairo.2.dylib
pcsx2.sh: line 2: 73791 Trace/BPT trap ./pcsx2

I had already installed the cairo library via MacPorts, so I went ahead and uninstalled it and reinstalled it but I am still getting the same error. Any ideas?

Sponsored links

MacPorts binaries aren't compatible with pcsx2/mac, i'm building everything manually. On top of that some libs on mac only seem to be compatible with specific versions.
Libcairo is part of x11 and it runs on a snow leopard without xquartz. Seems like the x11 installation is broken somehow
(07-12-2010, 09:59 AM)zedr0n Wrote: MacPorts binaries aren't compatible with pcsx2/mac, i'm building everything manually. On top of that some libs on mac only seem to be compatible with specific versions.
Libcairo is part of x11 and it runs on a snow leopard without xquartz. Seems like the x11 installation is broken somehow

Can you recommend what the best course of actions is at this point? Like install 0.9.6, compile these binaries, etc? I appreciate any assistance.
(07-12-2010, 09:59 AM)zedr0n Wrote: MacPorts binaries aren't compatible with pcsx2/mac, i'm building everything manually. On top of that some libs on mac only seem to be compatible with specific versions.

I just uninstalled X11 and XQuartz and did a fresh load of X11 from the Snow Leopard install media. I did a search for libcairo and I don't have it on my machine. Any ideas?
I had a similar problem and I hope this may help you.

my install directory was /Applications/pcsx2.app/.......

try opening up XQuartz and entering
cd /Applications/pcsx2.app/Contents/Resources/pcsx2/

If your install directory is the same as mine otherwise try to find the directory containing pcsx2.sh. Once there then just try:
sh pcsx2.sh

you may have to sudo it (sudo sh pcsx2.sh) which probably isn't recommended but might work.
I got the idea from the script (called 'script') in the /Resources directory which tries to change to the directory mentioned above and then tries to execute /usr/x11/bin/xterm -e bash pcsx2.sh
by bypassing most of this command in XQuartz I think it forces it to run the script in the current terminal (the XQuartz your running) rather than in some other default terminal which doesn't work (or trying to find one and failing).

good luck!
(edited for clarity of instructions)