Silent Hill 2 Video Issues
I've been trying to get Silent Hill 2 to work properly with the SVN since I've started compiling/using it (months ago). I'm currently using the newest 2621 revision.
Most all other games run relatively well.
In SH2 I get a scrunched screen, where the top half of the screen shows a crunched version of the game.
I'm using what I'm pretty sure are default settings for everything. I've tried D3D9 and D3D10, both software and hardware rendering. I've tried Native resoultion, 1x to 4x scaling, disabling Texture Filtering and all the other options for the GS plugin.

Screens:
[Image: th_pcsx22010-02-2119-12-26-82.jpg] [Image: th_pcsx22010-02-2119-12-30-89.jpg]
[Image: th_pcsx22010-02-2119-12-43-18.jpg] [Image: th_pcsx22010-02-2119-12-49-92.jpg]
The bottom half of the screen will vary between solid black, flickering, stretched textures from the top half, or just random garbage

Any ideas what would be causing this?

Sponsored links

We provide no support for SVN alpha builds here as said numerous times. Either use 0.9.6 release / 1888 beta or you won't get support in this forum.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
if I were you I would hunt down the pc version of silent hill 2, its way better then fiddling with this emu, dont get me wrong I love pcsx2 especially rev 1888 but still if there is a pc port of the game I would purchase it. as a matter of fact I played this on gametap nce it had compatibility issues with my first pc but other then that it is a good port of the game.
(02-22-2010, 08:54 AM)Bositman Wrote: We provide no support for SVN alpha builds here as said numerous times. Either use 0.9.6 release / 1888 beta or you won't get support in this forum.

Ummm.. yeah, I know, and that is fine. But why should that stop anyone who has maybe encountered this issue to chime in with ideas.
Glare
All the problems with this game are known. We cannot currently fix them without breaking many others.
Use older revisions of GSdx to fix the half screen issue.
(02-23-2010, 02:27 AM)rama Wrote: All the problems with this game are known. We cannot currently fix them without breaking many others.
Use older revisions of GSdx to fix the half screen issue.

Thanks! Thats all I was looking for. Smile
Thread res to report that I'm having this exact same problem in 0.9.7 release. Sad