Silent Hill 2 and 3 Glitchy rendering switch
I get a weird glitchy effect when HW switch to SW,the custcene play fine it's really just when it switches(like the first second) to SW.Just wanna know if it's normal.Didnt happen for me when I played other game,for now it only happened on Silent Hill 2 and 3.

Pic of what i'm talking about
http://www.zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=17/20/dh5n.png

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.

Also does this happen before you switch the renderer to software mode and are you switching manually or are you using the FMV gamefix ?
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(05-18-2017, 11:50 AM)refraction Wrote: In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.

Also does this happen before you switch the renderer to software mode and are you switching manually or are you using the FMV gamefix ?

My specs are
I7 3770
GTX 650 TI Boost
8GB RAM
Win7 Pro.
Playing with an ISO.

I'm using a month old git build,but it also happened with the latest gitbuild,i'm not using any non-default settings. And both the gamefix and manually switching triggers it.
I get these artifact for the first second after it switch,not just in custcenes.it come back fine after a second.Nerver happened with other game I finished.
Okay, last question, does it only happen when switching TO software mode, or from, or both?

(05-18-2017, 01:43 PM)refraction Wrote: Okay, last question, does it only happen when switching TO software mode, or from, or both?

Seems like it's only from HW to SW
Ok thanks, that narrows the issue down at least! Unfortunately I don't have a solution.

(05-18-2017, 01:49 PM)refraction Wrote: Ok thanks, that narrows the issue down at least! Unfortunately I don't have a solution.

That's allright,atleast the issue is known,And it doesnt make the game unplayable it's just a bit annoying Tongue2
I'm going to dig up my SH2 game again. I'm positive this didn't happen in older builds. Will test it in the latest GIT build. Software mode should normally be playing the cutscenes just fine. (Using the automatic switch AND the manual one).
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
(05-18-2017, 03:24 PM)Ryudo Wrote: I'm going to dig up my SH2 game again. I'm positive this didn't happen in older builds. Will test it in the latest GIT build. Software mode should normally be playing the cutscenes just fine. (Using the automatic switch AND the manual one).

The cutscene plays fine,it's just when it switches from HW to SW,there's a slight glitch for maybe a second like in my firs post,it happens ingame too when I switch manually.Like I said it doesnt make the game unplayable and the custcene still plays,it's just unpleasing when a cutscene begins.Also tried on 1.4.0 and same thing happened.