Silent Hill 2 cheats not working
My apologies if this isn't the right forum to post in but I wasn't sure where else this could be placed, anyway!

So I'm playing SH2 (not the directors cut) and the cheats via Codebreaker don't seem to be working for SH2 version 1.1. Now I enabled to have the cheats on and also like infinite health, etc. but nothing happens! Now I tried to see if it worked when I chose SH2 version 1.0 and ran the game, but the thing is that when I'm in game I can't go out any doors or say like pick up any items like aid kits and drinks. Does anyone know why this is happening? 

I also tried doing cheats via pnach but probably didn't do it right. Help!

Sponsored links

Quote:Now I tried to see if it worked when I chose SH2 version 1.0
er...dunno what you mean there

you forgot to post your pcs2 version, and which version of the game you're trying to play (pal/ntsc, region)
why aren't you using pnach ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Sorry about that! My PCS2 version is 1.3.0 and for the game I'm using USA one. The file also is titled like (USA)(En,Ja).

Also I'm not using pnach to try and cheat (if that's what you mean) because I don't understand how to do the whole cheat thing via that stuff. Well I mean I tried but it doesn't seem I did it right so yeah.
1st, 1.3.0 is outdated. please update at least to latest stable
2nd, try this tutorial to make .pnach files : http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Cheating-the-easy-way

if it still doesn't work, please post the emulog.txt after you tried to use your newly created pnach file
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
The cheating in SH2 is somewhat annoying. Personally I use Cheat Engine for it. I actually posted a table for it a while back.
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Post-your...pid=510433&highlight=Silent+Hill#pid510433
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
@jesalvein - I just downloaded the newest version so sorry about that!
And I'll try my hand at pnach files again and see what happens. Wish me luck!

@Ryudo - Thank you for the link! I'll try that cheat table for SH2 and see what happens. Some reason a different one I downloaded wouldn't let me enable like infinite health and stuff.
Not sure if posting twice is allowed but I stupidly forgot to drag out any saves from the memory card so now I don't have my save... oh well..
Start over on the hardest difficulty available and give yourself every weapon and green hyper spray. You'll breeze through the game while enjoying the story fresh again. Tongue
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
Why in the world would you apply infinite health cheats in a survival horror game? Surviving is the point of it.

It's not like Silent Hill 2 is the hardest game ever. Have you ever played it before? It has an easy mode.

Secondly, why are you playing the inferior version without Born from a Wish?