Silent Hill 3 keeps crashing?
Exclamation 
It keeps crashing on THIS specific area on 2:40 of the video i recorded below, using PCSX2 1.7.0 :

I don't know why but maybe posting the emulog might help, it has every log sources option enabled so its kinda long but i put it in a Google Doc file
The link is right here: https://bit.ly/3zl1c6o
Also the video mode just doesn't matter it crashes on hardware mode aswell

UPDATE: 
Found out the apparent cause of the crashing. It happens everytime I use the knife in this game. I dont know if me circling around has anything to do with it but I'll also note that my PS2 controller vibrates when you attack using it (the vibration is supposed to happen everytime you attack on real PS2 hardware, and the vibration level depends on the weapon you use in this game)

Sponsored links

sounds like a bad rip.
did you get any error when making you iso ?
can you try directly with the original PS2 DVD ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(08-22-2021, 03:23 PM)jesalvein Wrote: sounds like a bad rip.
did you get any error when making you iso ?
can you try directly with the original PS2 DVD ?

No error whatsoever when i ripped my iso.
I tried using the PS2 DVD and same thing happens
Since I've been dealing with this crash for a few days, I've tried ripping it to iso again but nothing works

But interestingly enough when I play this game on 1.6.0, the game works completely fine and the knife doesn't crash the game at all
It's only on 1.7.0 where the game absolutely crashes
this could be interesting, then.
can you please make a proper bug report ?
Do you have widescreen patches enabled? If yes then try disabling them.
(08-22-2021, 04:31 PM)prafull Wrote: Do you have widescreen patches enabled? If yes then try disabling them.

I do not have them enabled nor were they enabled in any of the videos i recorded. PS2 games are supposed to be in 480i anyways
(08-22-2021, 04:30 PM)jesalvein Wrote: this could be interesting, then.
can you please make a proper bug report ?

I was about to but once I updated to the latest git/dev build (as of now its v1.7.0-dev-1632-g61dca4067), the crashing seems to have stopped. Tested 2 times and the bug no longer seems to be reproducible 

The builds that had these crashes were v1.7.0-dev-1619-g0bd65614d-windows-x86 and v1.7.0-dev-1627-gd0f3c620d-windows-x86
The crashes started when i had installed Reshade and then updated to v1.7.0-dev-1619. I thought it was only Reshade that was causing issues so i uninstalled it from PCSX2 but it still kept crashing persistently, even after updating to v1.7.0-dev-1627. Well luckily it seems to be gone. Sorry for the fuss.

Should I still make a bug report despite the fix?

EDIT: I did not know that you should not drop the new files over top of the old ones. Maybe I shouldn't do that again haha
Hmm Your PCSX2 must have been corrupted somehow, nothing has really changed in the emulation between those version numbers
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(08-23-2021, 08:58 AM)refraction Wrote: Hmm Your PCSX2 must have been corrupted somehow, nothing has really changed in the emulation between those version numbers

it got corrupted??? thats really weird
how does that happen?
i wanna know so that it doesn't happen again
(08-23-2021, 09:07 AM)k1mk4t Wrote: it got corrupted??? thats really weird
how does that happen?
i wanna know so that it doesn't happen again

that's what happen when you actually overwrite your pcsx2 folder when you want to update it.
it's better to create a brand new folder