Silent Hill 3 white square help
Silent hill 3 works almost perfectly in the pcsx2 stable version for windows using directx9, the only problem is this white squares that keep appearing when using the flashlight:
[Image: silent3b_zps4cec533c.png]

Anyone knows how to fix them? Btw direct10 displays shadows incorrectly and in software mode looks horrible and the flashlight is glitched. I also have the lastest downloads for everything.

Sponsored links

how is the flashlight glitched when using software mode ?
can you shoow us, please ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(10-30-2014, 08:05 AM)jesalvein Wrote: how is the flashlight glitched when using software mode ?
can you shoow us, please ?

Software mode:
[Image: silentsf_zps62f36abf.png]

Also when using directx10 the white squares dont appear but the shadows are all messed up, any fix for that?:
[Image: silentb22_zps3e118244.png]
you can give latest git version a try, but it don't think it has been fixed yet.
SH series always have been having that "flashlight" problem since the first time I used pcsx2 (0.9.4 version).
You'll probably have to live with it or play it on your PS2 for now if latest git didn't fix the problem
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Turn off any additional settings (like HW Hacks) and try using our widescreen hacks (link in sig).
(10-30-2014, 08:58 AM)devina40 Wrote: Turn off any additional settings (like HW Hacks) and try using our widescreen hacks (link in sig).

I dont have any hacks enabled, will try the widescreen hack but I dont see how it would fix my graphical problem. Btw Silent hill 2 runs perfectly without graphical bugs for me.
Hmm yeah, shadows do seem messed up in SH3.

This is on the latest GIT version. (D3D11 HW)
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
(10-30-2014, 01:11 PM)xRyudo Wrote: Hmm yeah, shadows do seem messed up in SH3.
This is on the latest GIT version. (D3D11 HW)

Shadows have been this way for a long time.
And the flashlight works fine in hardware mode for me, I don't get any white squares.

If it helps, once you beat the game, you can unlock alternate costumes and when they're equipped, the white squares should go away.
(10-30-2014, 01:38 PM)devina40 Wrote: Shadows have been this way for a long time.
And the flashlight works fine in hardware mode for me, I don't get any white squares.

If it helps, once you beat the game, you can unlock alternate costumes and when they're equipped, the white squares should go away.

The white squares only happen when using directx9 hardware, the weird shadows only happen when using directx10 hardware the flashlight works fine in directx10, you can somewhat fix the shadows in directx10 hardware by setting skipdraw to 2 in the hacks but still buggy.
BTW the lastest git version also has the same problems in Silent Hill 3, any way to inform the devs of this unresolved bugs?