Silent Hill 4 grainy texture problem
Anyone tried out Silent Hill 4 ? I want to play it badly.
Sure there is a PC version but it sucks really (but thats another topic for itself).

The problem in the game for me is the grain in the picture, I tried every possible setting (...I think xD).

Here is the picture and my spec bellow.

Tried on PCSX2 version 0.9.6 and 0.9.7.2400 svn (which I use)

PC spec:
Running Windows 7
Intel Core 2 Duo 2,66 GHz
ATI Radeon HD 2600XT - 256mb
2 GB DDR 2 ram

I'm using the standard settings. I would appreciate if you'd post yours.
Any help appreciated ^^

Sponsored links

That's an effect of the game, that's the way it's supposed to be
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(02-26-2010, 11:41 PM)Bositman Wrote: That's an effect of the game, that's the way it's supposed to be

I thought that to but after checking the PC version and putting my good old PS2 out of the closet its not a game feature unfortunately that it is not.

If thats by "effect" you mean...not the effect of emulation.
Sure there is the effect of grain but I think it's to much in this one.

I got a feeling something is off here, call me crazy =P

Is there any way to get a better quality?
I'm pretty sure it's normal and yes I mean game effect. It's probably way less visible on the PS2 due to the low resolution and the TV blurring.
the opposite infact -.- it should be more grainy my PC version at last is and 2 for XboX and 3 for PC are too
Chicken is not Vegan?

NO VEGAN DIET NO VEGAN POWERS!!!!

http://www.flixxy.com/my-blackberry-is-not-working.htm
Yeah, you got a point there. Still, the image is more blurry when emulated and has some weird artifact on it.

Comparing , left PC/PS2 version, right PCSX2

Also notice that weird shadow cast. Is there a fix for it?
Yeah the shadow is only fixed with the software renderer of GSdx which should be way slower, making the game unplayable. Other than that, I can't see any artifact...
About the bluriness,try increasing the internal resolution of GSdx, see how sharp the game gets Wink
Thank you for your help. I will try it out tomorrow
Mr. Yesirom:
Except for the shadows, the game looks perfectly emulated. Don't forget that the ps2 is 10 years old.
There was no HD like in your pc screenshot back then. (You can however increase GSdx's internal resolution, as Bositman already suggested.)

If you look closely, you can even see that the ps2 emulated version looks more "artsy" this way. The pc version is the one that looks odd Tongue2
(02-27-2010, 07:12 AM)rama Wrote: Mr. Yesirom:
Except for the shadows, the game looks perfectly emulated. Don't forget that the ps2 is 10 years old.
There was no HD like in your pc screenshot back then. (You can however increase GSdx's internal resolution, as Bositman already suggested.)

If you look closely, you can even see that the ps2 emulated version looks more "artsy" this way. The pc version is the one that looks odd Tongue2

I'm pleased with it now after increasing the resolution Wink hohoho

I tried with software too and it did get rid of the shadow and its playable but I'll stick with hardware.

Thank you all for your help. ^_^