Silent Hill Origins Grainy Filter
(05-07-2021, 07:31 PM)Maori-Jigglypuff Wrote: In your main "PCSX2" Folder there is another Folder "cheats".Put the pnach files in there and enable Cheats on the PCSX2 Application.
THat should work.

Edit: If one of the Patches works can you maybe upload a Screenshot ? Just curious how it would look like.

The patch doesn't seem to work with nightly build 1.7xx !!?

although the patch is in the right folder (cheats), crc of that of game matches the patch (important) .. Still seeing lots of snow Glare

oh well, thanks anyway.

EDIT: Nevermind this reply, it works now Smile
Finaly i see something ingame thanks to this patch, geez louise !!

cheers,
TD

Sponsored links

(05-07-2021, 08:02 PM)yippihyahyeh Wrote: Awesome, it works. Just one thing. Now its daytime Smile

You can open the cheats with a text editor like notepad and activate/disactivate some cheats, there's one that disable the fog which is active by default, just add at the beggining of the code line some // to change the code from :
// No Fog/Smoke
patch=1,EE,00338B44,word,00000000
patch=1,EE,00338B48,word,00000000
to
// No Fog/Smoke
// patch=1,EE,00338B44,word,00000000
// patch=1,EE,00338B48,word,00000000
and the fog should be back for a better for more classic experience.
(12-14-2022, 01:31 AM)GreenYoshi Wrote: You can open the cheats with a text editor like notepad and activate/disactivate some cheats, there's one that disable the fog which is active by default, just add at the beggining of the code line some // to change the code from :
// No Fog/Smoke
patch=1,EE,00338B44,word,00000000
patch=1,EE,00338B48,word,00000000
to
// No Fog/Smoke
// patch=1,EE,00338B44,word,00000000
// patch=1,EE,00338B48,word,00000000
and the fog should be back for a better for more classic experience.

One thing, the cheat doesn't work loading from memcard at certain spots ingame !!

Like, i can change noise settings that will work after loading file a, but won't work if i load secondary save file b for example !??

Both save files are from the exact location though!! But from different times !?
I mean , you can't like alter the cheat/patch to get it to work as you advance/progress ingame in my experience !

to make certain settings to work you have to either have luck with your save files or restart the game from the beginning !?

Whats up with that ?

cheers,
TD
(12-14-2022, 03:13 AM)ToiletDuck Wrote: One thing, the cheat doesn't work loading from memcard at certain spots ingame !!
Like, i can change noise settings that will work after loading file a, but won't work if i load secondary save file b for example !??
Both save files are from the exact location though!!  But from different times !?
I mean , you can't like alter the cheat/patch to get it to work as you advance/progress ingame in my experience !
to make certain settings to work you have to either have luck with your save files or restart the game from the beginning !?
Whats up with that ?
I don't have the game so I can't say for sure, but if I follow what was said in this thread :
https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Silent-H...film-grain
it should be activating a new game + effect, so maybe it requires a new game to be effective as if it was a new game +
(12-14-2022, 03:57 AM)GreenYoshi Wrote: I don't have the game so I can't say for sure, but if I follow what was said in this thread :
https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Silent-H...film-grain
it should be activating a new game + effect, so maybe it requires a new game to be effective as if it was a new game +

Yep, that thread you posted an link from confirms pretty much what i have experienced Mellow .

That's why save records are so holy, because of that ↑ nuisance Glare !!

When using cheat codes (max pro , i think it wos called), back in the day's on console,  it didn't matter at wich point ingame you started to use cheats. 
The cheats would work every time, regardless of the game progress stored in game saves!? 

Although, some cheats would break gameplay.. But thats an whole other discussion..

Btw, i never ever used cheats to play through an game, takes away the fun ALLOT.
Only after game completion i occasionally used it for the "XTRA" fun of it.. Tongue2

cheers,
td