Silent Hill Shattered Memories: EDIT: nevermind, pretty sure it's a new bug.
Since there are already PR about those bugs, I guess there's nothing to add for now.
that said, if you have any idea about how to correct those bugs, feel free to share your coding skills.
it's an open source project, and any help is welcome Smile
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go

Sponsored links

(01-24-2018, 11:16 PM)jesalvein Wrote: Since there are already PR about those bugs, I guess there's nothing to add for now.
that said, if you have any idea about how to correct those bugs, feel free to share your coding skills.
issues*, not PR's. Wink Any new information is welcome, including new issues, and gsdumps if there's not one in the issue and the issue is likely a GSdx(graphical) bug.
(01-24-2018, 11:16 PM)jesalvein Wrote: Since there are already PR about those bugs, I guess there's nothing to add for now.

The posts may have gotten out of control, but I did. I have already completely tested, diagnosed and solved the issue for my two PCs. I linked a youtube video demonstrating that I have done so. At this point, I'm just trying to get a straight answer of what format I should put this analysis in and where I should submit it. There's a very lengthy description in my video of exactly why it happens and how to fix it, so for the internet in general, the solution is already a google search away.
You mean you corrected gsdx code ?
nice !

Hope we'll get it commited in next build Smile
(01-24-2018, 11:34 PM)jesalvein Wrote: You mean you corrected gsdx code ?
nice !

Hope we'll get it commited in next build Smile

What? Why are you assuming this is a complicated issue? It was actually really simple, that's why I'm struggling to be polite. I didn't have to code anything. I just ran the game on 7 different versions and compared what my system was doing when it happened. I came to a simple and obvious conclusion that the bugs only occur when you are 5% above or below the native framerate of the game. I didn't even need to fully understand the bug to solve it, I just applied simple scientific method.

(BTW this specifically refers to the animation and audio file bug)

Now it works. Messing with GSDX code would have been like taking the transmission out of the car and putting in a gear from another car to diagnose a rough idle. If you're trying to test me, yes I probably could have, but that was not at all necessary.
I see what you mean, but it's a trick/workaround.
On original hardware you don't have to do anything like this to make the game work normally.

Means something's wrongly emulated.
Thus something has to be corrected in gsdx code.

That's what I'm talking about.
Could you then bring the commit on gihub ?
You're both talking about taking the transmission out of the car and putting in a gear from another car to diagnose a loose backseat. This issue is a core/audio issue, not a GSdx/graphical issue. That's why a GSdump won't help here.
For now I'm just going to leave this here until I get whatever report is proper to whoever can actually use it. Just for anyone searching for info on this game.

For my system the solution to stop the game from jumping above 59fps for even a moment was to use Riva Tuner to limit at exactly 59.9fps and also to use Intel XTU to create a profile for balanced usage across my cores and no turbo. It causes the game to run at a steady framerate and almost completely eliminates sound and animation glitches.

Should be feasible for any Haswell+ quad core CPU to run at 100% in software mode. That was all I had to test on unfortunately and I don't currently have an AMD CPU system (besides the PS4 of course ;p).

Oh and I almost forgot! If you are legally emulating a PAL console, this is much easier. You only need to maintain 50fps instead of ~60.
(01-24-2018, 11:57 PM)FlatOut Wrote: You're both talking about taking the transmission out of the car and putting in a gear from another car to diagnose a loose backseat. This issue is a core/audio issue, not a GSdx/graphical issue. That's why a GSdump won't help here.

I suppose that is true. It does seem that the SPU is working properly though, because it doesn't seem to tank when the bugs occur and it happens in the same way regardless of plugin, syncing or settings. I highly recommend reading the old topics on this game, it is a massive PITA. SHSM has a sort of 'master' algorithm running all the time that is related to the Personality Index system in the game. It decides what animations and audio files to play in the game. 

I'm not claiming at all to fully understand it, but that seems to be what gets borked when the game runs too fast or too slow. So even if the EE, sound and everything else are trucking right along just fine, that system can get off by even a single frame and the whole game goes nuts. In my video you can see that it's not about sound just not playing or animations being slow. The game literally goes insane and starts combining animations and dialogue from Cybil's different possible personality types.

I've pretty much done nothing but tweak this game for hours and I may be going a bit crazy, but I'm starting to think this is related to the other bugs as well. People have all these weird issues where the doctor doesn't appear or something is missing entirely. Since the PI system determines which animation and response the doctor gives, or changes objects in the environment, it would explain all these one-off bugs that can't be easily reproduced. It varies system to system based on when that part gets out of sync.
Does your workaround make the second cutscene(Harry going back into the car to grab the flashlight) work correctly?

The first cutscene worked as it should when I tried to keep it to 100% (slow-motion mode 50% doesn't help), but I couldn't get the 2nd cutscene to run smoothly.