Silent Hill: Shattered Memories seems working
It is too complicated! I don't know why... SH is just a PS2 game like all PC2 games, and why it mess up everything! I don't think this bug never can't be solved, it is a big bug but i think i can be solved of course...this will be a very hard work!

My god! SH is a nightmare in both video game and real life...WackoWackoWacko

Sponsored links

Hey guys,

Sorry for reviving a month old threat, but since I haven't seen anybody mentioning this in this thread, I'll share it.
To play SH: Shattered memories in HW mode (DX10 worked best), you need to edit GSdx.ini file found in /PCSX2/inis.

You'll find a line called UserHacks_SkipDraw. Change the value to 1 and check out the result in-game.
The black bars should be gone.

Downside is that, even with the bars gone, everything is way to bright and I haven't been able to fix that.
The only thing that worked a little was to tweak contrast/brightness/gamma. Does anybody have an idea how to fix that?

Greetings,

Unstoppable
Everything is bright as you say, because of the skipdraw hack. Skipdraw = 1 means it will skip the drawing of a graphical element, in this way shadows. Or something like that. If you raise skipdraw like 2, 3 or more, you'll see less and less, till you can't see anything, but it will certainly increase speedSmile By the way, the Silent hill games are really great in speed! The emulator is just getting better and better!
Core i7 920 2.66 GHz, 6 GB ram, Geforce 550Ti GTX 1024mb, Realtek HD audio, Windows 8 64 bit
(01-23-2010, 02:37 PM)DJSave Wrote: Well, I started the game with ZeroGS , but flashlight looks bad Sad
i have nice 60 FPS with speed hack, but sound is crap

I've completed this game on Wii emulator Dolphin & I must say, it was just PERFECT!
only a little slowdowns in big areas.

Graphics loocked perfect
sound was perfect
controls also nice with recorded movements to shake off the monsters
I'd give Wii version 9/10
PS2 version 3/10

I hope it will get fixed soon & will be playable like on Dolphin

actually I played it on dolphin but it was really hard to shake the monsters from nightmare 2
can u tell me which reversion and what recorded movements u used?(If u cant tell it here please P.M me..)

Guys what is the best config to get 60fps on pcsx2 ??
can I get 60fps with this pc?? :
AMD phenom II x4 3.4GHz
AMD Radeon HD 6790 1GB
Ram 4GB
if yes please give me the exact setting because so far I haven't been able to reach more than 45fps
sorry for bringin up an old topic but I wanted to ask if there's any news or fixes for this game??!
I still cant get 60fps on software mode
any other settings or plugins???
my specs r on previews post...
You need a more powerful PC, I can get about 100 FPS in software mode.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Thank u Bositman but I just! found out how to solve the problem
***I checked the plugin setting and noticed a part titled "Extra rendering threads" that was set to 0 so I changed it and BOOOM nw I can get full 60fps***
Im using limiter so it wont come more than 60
Hehe yeah I thought you already had that set, I've got it up to 3 Wink
[Image: newsig.jpg]
GSDX configuration >> Software mode Settings >> Rendering Threads = 3 (4 physical cores = 3 threads, 6 cores = 5 threads, etc)

- Config> Emu sett. > SPEEDHACKS (You have to try some options)

Mind you this is copied and pasted from a youtube video I happened upon, and by far this is the best solution I've found for SHWackoM. I tried messing around with the speedhacks and using the threads, and aside from tedious loading for some reason and hiccups when you open a door, the sound works perfectly and it runs smoothly in software mode.
anybody seen this video??
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pid0qK40Lb0