Simple PCSX2 Updater
OUTDATED,DO NOT USE

Its main purpose is to update the portable version to the latest one but it can work with the installer version too(the result will be the same...pcsx2 will be updated to the latest beta version and the version currently used will still work the same way(in portable or installer mode)but you may need to run the updater as admin if pcsx2 is in a folder that requires admin privileges)

Keep in mind that(as most of us know),older save states may stop working while updating pcsx2 so it's best to save your progress to the memory card

How it works
1.Extract the archive into the pcsx2 directory(where pcsx2.exe is)
2.Run the program

If you are running the latest version,the updater will tell you and if not,a window will appear telling you that you are not running the latest version and show some info taken from the buildbot page(version,date,author and info about the update)

If pcsx2 is running while trying to update(if you don't have the latest version),it will ask you to close it to finis the updating process.

And about the result from virustotal,that's false positive
https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file/cce4.../detection

PS.The Updater requires 7zip so I added it into the archive(place the updater and the Tools folder into the pcsx2 directory)
The updater will work as long as there is no design changes to the buildbot page

Sponsored links

I had to jump through some hoops with Microsoft Defender/Edge to get it to download, but once I got past that it works like a charm. I've always wished for a more streamlined way to update PCSX2, but I lack the coding skills to do it myself. This fits the bill perfectly. Thanks vsub!
The Mini(ITX) Box V2 a.k.a. Nighthawk
Ryzen 7 3700X | 16GB DDR4-3600 CL16 | ASUS ROG Strix B550-I Gaming | EVGA GTX 1660Ti SC Ultra Gaming | Sabrent Rocket 4.0 NVMe 1TB | Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD | EVGA 600BQ
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
Thanks for this. Recent updates to the buildbot are not sorted right and thus your program offers one from March and not the most recent one.
Well that's not something I can do anything about
I just get the first link from the page and right now the first one is
v1.7.0-dev-44-gc8c27cbfd arcum42 2020-05-20 07:15:47
Thanks. Let's hope it stays that way.
THANKS!!!!!! i'm searching for this! You save me very much time
I get can't find pcsx2.exe file error.
My file is named pcsx2x64-avx2.exe
yes. that updater won't work OOTB with nightly builds. you'll have to modify the script to suit your needs
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Or just rename pcsx2x64-avx2 to pcsx2
I think it will try to update 64bit avx2 version with 32bit sse4 version.