Simple yet though problem
Rainbow 
So my problem is very simple, my laptop doesn't have a disc station, as in i can't use any kind of cd/dvd for movies or games because i can simply not insert them in my pc, my question is can i get the emulator to work without it? I was following the instruction and it told me i had to burn the file's on a disk, but since i cant use cd's are there any other options?

Sponsored links

Your best option is to find a system which does have a DVD drive, rip your games, and move the ISOs to your laptop (e.g. with a portable HDD or a big disk on key / flash/thumb drive).
(04-17-2014, 08:30 PM)avih Wrote: Your best option is to find a system which does have a DVD drive, rip your games, and move the ISOs to your laptop (e.g. with a portable HDD or a big disk on key / flash/thumb drive).

plus one Wink

try looking here

to answer your question, yes you can run games, but to legally do it you will need to rip them using a different machine, then put them on a flash drive (you'll need at least an 8 gb version) then wipe them from the pc you ripped them on (this is so you don't have more than one copy of the game) then transfer them from the flash/pen drive (cut and paste again so you only have one copy of your disc) to your laptop

you'll then need to point pcsx2 to were you transferred your disc and voila you have your disc imageSmile
Not sure what graphics card you have, it's memory bandwidth,
it's temperature, fan speed, what pixel shader it has
try TechPowerUp's gpu-z

Not sure what your cpu is try cpu-z
       (hint click on the highlighted links Biggrin)
Are you sure that it is illegal to have more than one copy? I think as long as you don't share them and/or try to overcome DRM you can make as many copies as you want. (At least in my country it is like that)
(04-17-2014, 10:50 PM)willkuer Wrote: Are you sure that it is illegal to have more than one copy? I think as long as you don't share them and/or try to overcome DRM you can make as many copies as you want. (At least in my country it is like that)

not sure tbh, it's more guidance than law Wink

if i was busted i'd rather have just one copy of a disc i own than many copies Smile
Not sure what graphics card you have, it's memory bandwidth,
it's temperature, fan speed, what pixel shader it has
try TechPowerUp's gpu-z

Not sure what your cpu is try cpu-z
       (hint click on the highlighted links Biggrin)
You can have as many copies as you want. The real question would be using multiple legal copies at once, but even then I think it's okay.

Anyway, transferring them over LAN is an option too. I had this issue a few years back(dvd drive in desktop PC died) and I shared the root of the DVD drive of a laptop on my network and I could literally rip it over the network. IE Put the disc in the laptop, start imgburn on the PC without the drive, point it at the networked drive, and rip it over the LAN.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD