Sims 2 Castaway Resolution Issue (PAL)
(12-31-2016, 11:19 AM)catsandsoup Wrote: Ok thank you so much! That worked amazingly.
Unfortunately some of the text is missing when I use your suggestion, and the game slows down to a crawl.
(i5 4690, gtx 970)
"Half-pixel Offset" won't slow down the game and your PC specs are good enough, so you might want to reduce to Native scaling down to 4x and Blending Unit Accuracy down to "Basic" if you haven't already. If you have you might want to check some of your other settings.

"Half-pixel Offset" could technically remove some text, but it's unlikely. Did you enable any other hacks?

Sponsored links

The slowdowns are probably in the Jungle area. I suffered from slowdowns there as well for no particular reason. All the other areas are fine but in that jungle the FPS gets crippled big time for me. I suspected it was my driver incompatibilities at first with OGL, but now that I see that an NVIDIA user has it as well it makes me wonder.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
(12-31-2016, 01:11 PM)Ryudo Wrote: The slowdowns are probably in the Jungle area. I suffered from slowdowns there as well for no particular reason. All the other areas are fine but in that jungle the FPS gets crippled big time for me. I suspected it was my driver incompatibilities at first with OGL, but now that I see that an NVIDIA user has it as well it makes me wonder.
I've seen several reports of NVIDIA users also having slowdown when using the OGL renderer, so your suspicion might not be wrong.