Sims 2 freeze issues?
So I've used PCSX2 for quite some time, and it runs very much so efficiently on my laptop (Intel core i7, nvidia gtx 980m).

I have Digimon Rumble Arena 2, War of The Monsters, and various other childhood memory games that i've played without issue (performance-wise).

Recently I wanted to replay The Sims 2 - as that was something I kindly remember as a young kid.

I've ran into a few unavoidable problems, specifically that whenever I go into the character creation (where you customize your character) - the game automatically freezes (My computer is still responsive, just not the game). I then have to exit the game and restart. This issue here is unavoidable as well as some random freezes that just result in me having to close it; yet, the issue with customization is absolute, I absolutely can not play the story mode because it involves character customization (which makes the game freeze entirely). 

Is this an issue with the ISO file?

Are there options for PCSX2 that might enable me to bypass the freezing that occurs within the game to make it more stable and playable?

Sponsored links

Please post emulog.txt from PCSX2/logs or My Documents/PCSX2/logs, after the problem occurs.

Also what are your non default settings and please give your PC specs.
Lenovo Y50-70 Gaming Laptop
Intel Core i7-4720HQ @ 2.6Ghz - 3.6Ghz Quad Core
Nvidia GTX 960M 4GB
8GB DDR3 Ram
15.6'' Full HD 1920 x 1080 IPS
Windows 10 64 Bit
---
Intel Core i5 4670 @ 3.4Ghz
Gigabyte H81M
Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB
8GB DDR 3 Ram
1TB WD Black
Windows 10 64 Bit
Phillips 23.6" 1920x1080 IPS
(08-07-2017, 07:32 AM)Donovan24 Wrote: Please post emulog.txt from PCSX2/logs or My Documents/PCSX2/logs, after the problem occurs.

Also what are your non default settings and please give your PC specs.

ty for the response but I figured out what the issue is - apparently the PAL version has issues with freezing and there's no current fix for it.