Slight problem with a Logitech controller.
Thought i'd post this here. I got my hands on a simple logitech controller that i thought i could use for game which need that finer movement precision using an analog stick. My problem however is that while on PC games, the controller reports realistic values when moving, as in

North = 0.585
West = 0.256
South = 0.0
East = 0.0

the same thing does not happen when used in PCSX2, where it reports said numbers as 0/1 only, resulting in the same choppy movement i'd get from my keyboard. Now the controller comes with software too, but that is only for assigning its buttons to keys so you can use it on PC games, and there's no need for it in PCSX2 when lilypad can read its signals without problems. However, i'm open to ideas on how to fix this. I may be missing something..

Sponsored links

What's the model? Are you using Dinput or Xinput?
I use a Logitech F710 in Xinput mode.

So your problem is that you're getting choppy movements? Have you tried Pokopom? I prefer it over Lilypad:

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Pokopom-K...Pad-Plugin
(02-15-2013, 02:01 PM)devina40 Wrote: What's the model? Are you using Dinput or Xinput?
I use a Logitech F710 in Xinput mode.

So your problem is that you're getting choppy movements? Have you tried Pokopom? I prefer it over Lilypad:

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Pokopom-K...Pad-Plugin

Using Dinput, it's not detected in Xinput at all.
It's a Logitech Dual Action controller. That's all it says really.
And the problem isn't choppy movement, but ah.. how to say this, axial movement? i can only move N,W,S,E and NW,SW,SE,NE, never anything between those or with a lower intensity than 1 (which means i cannot walk at all in some games that allow that, only run).
Do you have some analog button on it? If so, press it on the remap the controls on lilypad. It would look as if you're using the stick as a d-pad, so make sure you assigned the dpad to the dpad and the stick to the sticks.

Other than that, you could try attaching your lilypad.INI or posting a screenshot and posting your gamepad's full name.
[Image: nbKSK.jpg]
(02-15-2013, 02:41 PM)KrossX Wrote: Do you have some analog button on it? If so, press it on the remap the controls on lilypad. It would look as if you're using the stick as a d-pad, so make sure you assigned the dpad to the dpad and the stick to the sticks.

Other than that, you could try attaching your lilypad.INI or posting a screenshot and posting your gamepad's full name.

Sadly i know better than to bind the analogs to the dpad Laugh
Maybe the controller is called DX Sidewinder Gamepad pro. But no guarantees, i've made my peace that lilypad isn't too fond of reading hardware names. In any case, here's the INI you wanted.

When using Test Device, the left analog only reports integer values for NWSE, while the right analog reports the right floats.. I do not understand why :/

edit: damn file attachments do not allow uploading of .ini files, meh.

Attached Files
.zip   LilyPad.zip (Size: 1,86 KB / Downloads: 180)
1:
http://www.pcdistrict.com/modules/produc...n-6826.gif

2:
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51...AA300_.jpg

Does it look like the top or bottom pic?
I used to own the top one, upgraded to a F710. If you can spare 20-50 dollars, you should upgrade to a F310, F510, or F710.
The DX Logitech Dual Action controller, I see one with an analog button and other without. If it has PRESS it, before mapping. From the INI, it seems the Sidewinder is weirdly mapped and the Logitech has the left stick mapped to the dpad and the dpad to the let stick. You did it wrong. ¬_¬
(02-15-2013, 03:46 PM)KrossX Wrote: The DX Logitech Dual Action controller, I see one with an analog button and other without. If it has PRESS it, before mapping. From the INI, it seems the Sidewinder is weirdly mapped and the Logitech has the left stick mapped to the dpad and the dpad to the let stick. You did it wrong. ¬_¬

Ah, i see. Yes, it was indeed a mess. I've had to spend 10 minutes remapping the controller because button detection takes a lot of tries, and sometimes it identified the wrong axis..

So now i fixed the binds and learned what the little button that toggled the red led does. It swap controls of the dpad with the left analog stick and vice-versa. But my problem still persists that it treats the left analog stick like a dpad in terms of movement..

-------------

On a sidenote, that sidewinder crap was an old controller which broke, so nevermind it.
Delete the INI and do it all again from scratch. Make sure to have the analog button ON on the pad itself, then make sure to use the axis for the sticks and the dpad for the dpad. You'll see what's mapped to what, so make sure axis are mapped to sticks.
(02-15-2013, 08:31 PM)KrossX Wrote: Delete the INI and do it all again from scratch. Make sure to have the analog button ON on the pad itself, then make sure to use the axis for the sticks and the dpad for the dpad. You'll see what's mapped to what, so make sure axis are mapped to sticks.

Well, holy *****, clearing the ini did fix the problem, regardless of the binds being exactly the same as before. So yay, i am winrar. Thanks for the help Smile