Slight slowdown in FFX International, looking for the cause and solution
I'm having an issue with what i thought was an audio latency issue or the new portaudio backend for SPUx-2 (as it seemed to happen after i updated to the SVN that uses port audio) But adjusting the latency higher or lower doesn't seem to effect it, Switching to XAduio doesn't fix it either

I looked at my FPS and i noticed I'd get a drop of about 10FPS for a fraction of a second than the game has to catch up, which i believe is the source of the audio lag.
I feel my specs (see sig) are far beyond what i need to play this game, as its one of the lower end games.

I have noticed when i get the lag is when people start talking in battle, or with a lot of models (the whole party for example) are talking and the screen is fading in.

The EE never jumps about 50% (even at the mihen highroad) and GS sits around 40% during Ifirts overdrive. EE and GS % very when the slow downs happen, But never goes above the two values above.

I have no speed hacks on, and the only settings I've changed is the EE and VU clamp settings to fix the backwards enemies.

GSDX settings:
Scaling 3x
FXAA and Shaders are enabled
AF: 16x
Hacks enabled Skipdraw = 1

PCSX2SVN: 1.3.0-5873
GSDX: 5882
SPU2-X: 5830
Bios (if it matters): NTSC-U 2.0
Intel Core i7-8700k @5ghz
G.Skill 16GB DDR4 @3600mhz
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64

Sponsored links

What about your gsdx settings? They seem to be quite demanding. What happens if you disable hw hacks and use native resolution? (I know GS is at 40% but still I would try it)
Can you solve the problem with the recommended speed hacks? Is it unrelated to the Clamp/Rounding settings?
Just in general: What happens if you use the default settings everywhere?

Which version have you used before where everything was working correctly?

What happens if you change SPU2-X settings for example to the lowest quality/highest performance that still provides sound?
The hardware hack is skipdraw, Which if anything is a speed hack (though it has no performance impact.)
native resolution also has no impact..

i don't recall what version i was using without issue. I haven't played in a long time.

Changing SPU2-X from catmull (the PS2 sounding one) to anything else also seems to have no effect.

as for the demanding settings, i have a GTX680. i can run it just fine at 4x scaling. I just can't see a difference so i didn't bother raising it higher than 3x
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64
With GS-settings I was just guessing that their might be an uncommon combination that is creating some kind of a bug. I know your pc should be sufficient.

Are you using the iso or directly the dvd?

You can try to update your drivers for the gpu... or revert them if you use beta-drivers. Maybe there is some problem. But other than that I have no idea...
Did you try reducing AF?

About skipdraw, it's not a speedhack, it's function is to skip a whole layer in the drawing which could be causing glitches. I don't remember if it is necessary for this game.

Never rely that emulation is like native code, where you could have graphic post processing with easy in native games it might seriously affect emulation, what includes filtering. Well, at least try it and verify if changes something.
Imagination is where we are truly real
I'll check the AF once I'm home.

And it's been noted that some games (SoTC being one if i recall) Skip draw can be a speed hack as it skips drawing layers as you said. in this game it simply removes the double image and blur effects that looks pretty on CRT's but look terrible on LCD's
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64
My money is at using a dvd disc instead of an ISO Tongue
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Still on vacation, so i haven't checked the AF. But no, it's an iso. Though i admit, the drive is old and might just need a chkdsk.

No worries, I'm smarter than your average bear when it comes to the emulator Tongue
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64
Sorry about teh double post, But i want it noted turning off AF did nothing, slow downs still happened.

Next will be an ISO redump
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64
Is the lag affecting your whole system? So is everything frozen for an instant?