Slow FPS
I'm new here and I made this account cause I need some help. I'm trying to play Nightmare Before Christmas: Oogie's Revenge but the framerate is so slow, running at between 30 and 40%. I'm thinking my computer is just not powerful enough. Here are my laptop specs.

If my laptop is good, what settings should I use to speed the game up? I'm using the latest build, 1.4.0

Sponsored links

Your CPU seems a little weak for PCSX2, so that might be the problem. Have you set your computer's power settings to High Performance? Also, what's your computer's graphics card?
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700X @ 3.6 GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660S
RAM: 16GB DDR4
Unfortunately this laptop is nowhere near recommended or minimum spec for PCSX2. The minimum recommended "Single Thread Rating", a statistic used by the Passmark CPU benchmarking software, is 1600, but we typically recommend 2000+ for a good experience with PS2 games that pushed the actual PS2 hardware to its limits. Your CPU comes around 500, and to be blunt, that CPU will never run a PS2 emulator anywhere near full speed even after speed hacking and quality reductions.

Intel's Celeron line of CPUs is a budget line intended for not much more than running a web browser and Microsoft Office. Whenever you see that name, it's a pretty safe bet that it will perform poorly with games, and very badly with emulation.
Yep, way too slow.
Speaking about requirement my cpu has 1400 single thread rating (3500 cpu mark). Bellow minimum requirements and I have played quite many games without problems (Ico, SotC, All Fatal Frames, both God of Wars, Drakan 2, Sly 1) at normal speed practically all the time.
Fake, I'd pay money to see someone rocking a 1400 stp in passmark running SoTC at 60 fps as indicated by the emulator.. my 2100 stp 3770 would dip into the high 40's for fps in certain scenes at 3x..
amd tr 1950x                                                 amd ryzen 5 2500u
asrock x399 taichi                                         amd vega 8 
XFX Radeon rx570                                       16gb ddr 4 2400 ram
32gb gskill ddr4-3200                                   1tb nvme ssd
Debian Bullseye                                           480gb sata ssd
Custom loop water cooled                           HP envy x360
nzxt 340 case
Depends ofcourse if he's talking about the PAL release in this case whereas normal speed is 50 fps, but indeed if you can get high 40s with your old 3770 then a 1400 stp CPU can't get anywhere near, he might've used alot of speedhacks, I believe there's one that gives out a fake fps reading no?
Yeah iirc EE timing hack can give out inaccurate fps readings.
native res / interlaced or whatever that option is called / openglhw / probably VU speedhack / ntsc. Some frame drop here and there, but still better than playing it on PS2. Can play 1.5x native without much problem either. CPU: i5-5200u GPU: 940m.
2x native kills framerate though
ok looked up. Nope I used dx11hw. VU+1. native res and in ingame options progressive scan. Game was completely playable. Finished it. Similar frame drops as ps2 version, but not as bad.
(09-21-2018, 09:02 PM)scythefwd Wrote: Fake, I'd pay money to see someone rocking a 1400 stp in passmark running SoTC at 60 fps as indicated by the emulator.. my 2100 stp 3770 would dip into the high 40's for fps in certain scenes at 3x..

I showed videos to blyss with my i7 920 @ stock runnging Xenosaga at 60fps, in cutscene that people couldnt even get 40fps with, majority of the game and cut scenes and game ran 60fps at 3x back with my 660gtx, and those recording where not made with built in pcsx2 recorder at the same time I could use DX11 or OpenGL which made suchs scene that were fine with DX11 where not fine with OpenGL and some scene that were not fine in DX11 where fine with OpenGL

and that had under 1400 stp and this was with stock settings other then MVTU enabled, I should kept those recordings I could use them money