Slow Game play or Missing Textures
Playing Baldur's Gate Dark alliance 2 i set it up first time the game ran 30fps on both software or hardware mode so I used speed hacks and it boosted it to 60fps and under stress in areas where there is mass amounts of enemies it drops to around - 40 fps which I find playable but when I use speed hacks terrain textures disappear to pitch black which makes the game nearly unplayable  I was tweaking the setting preset speed hack starting on 6 and going lower n lower the lower I set the faster terrain textures load  it slower the game goes on 3 game play fps is unplayable - 30fps game is at %50 speed... And ideas I can try in the morning anything welcome EDIT-I was thinking maybe the speed hacks messes with shading and makes terrain textures pitch black or just makes them not load at all

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
OK specs
CPU AMD 8-Core 3.3ghz
GPU GTX260
RAM 10GB DDR3
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
PCSX2 1.4.0

Also during game play I'll be at 30fps EE 60% and GS 40%

I'm running the game off iso playing baldur's gate dark alliance 2 I have tried many settings
Im fairly certain thats a pretty demanding game that was not exactly playable until not long ago.  If you can make it playable in software mode i would try again after you upgrade your pc.  Or wai for the pcsx2 emulator to mature more.
(08-13-2016, 03:07 AM)Stix666 Wrote: OK specs
CPU AMD 8-Core 3.3ghz
GPU GTX260
RAM 10GB DDR3
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
PCSX2  1.4.0

Also during game play I'll be at 30fps EE 60% and GS 40%

I'm running the game off iso playing baldur's gate dark alliance 2 I have tried many settings

IIRC it works well in software mode, and/or OGL renderer.
What CPU model do you exactly own ?
can you please post the emulog.txt ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
You need to use latest GIT release. And enable "fast texture invalidation" hack + 8 bits texture.
@Stix666 Try to post your results using Gregory's latest GIT build on the wiki for the sake of others attempting to configure it properly: http://wiki.pcsx2.net/index.php/Baldur's...lliance_II
Thanks for the support I hate that I don't get notified of responses by my email
(08-12-2016, 11:32 AM)jesalvein Wrote: In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.

Windows 10, AMD Phenom II B95 Processor 3.00GHz, 4GB RAM (3.5 Usable), 64-bit operating system.

currently on PCSX2 1.6.0

Playing Ratchet and Clank going commando. framerate would be fine in the menu and settings but when in-game it would slow down and lose textures.

I'm running the game off an ISO.

Any help is appreciated Smile
The most recent post in this thread is more than 8 months old. Please create a new thread and refrain from posting in threads older than 8 months in the future. Please also review the forum rules. Thank you.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]