"Slow Issues" with a powerful computer...What am I doing wrong?
Hello

Thanks for looking at my post, im having problems with the emulator running games slow. The thing is my computer is pretty good... I have a laptop with an i7 processor 3.4ghz, GTX580m 2gb nvidia graphics card, 12gb ram...I looked through the sticky configuration post and im still not sure what could be the problem...In fact im pretty shocked that it doesnt work being that I can run almost any PC game on Ultra settings with AA on...That includes Witcher 2 and Crysis 2...

I dont know what settings I should be putting on but no matter what I try the game just does not run the way that it should...Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks again

Sponsored links

1st thing 1st, what games?
Quote:n fact im pretty shocked that it doesnt work being that I can run almost any PC game on Ultra settings with AA on...That includes Witcher 2 and Crysis 2...
those are piece of cake to run compared to many games under pcsx2.
comparing PC games & emulation is just a complete nonsense
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Im trying to play Shadow of Colosus sorry for mispelling...

jesalvein I did not know that...I figure my pc can run games nicer than a PS2 or PS3 because of the processor and graphics card alone. I guess emulation is just different , I dont know why....

Anyways my settings are 1920x1080, disable framelimiting, SSE4.1,

i just bumped the speedhack EE Cylerate to (3) VU Cycle stealing is on 0.
and its finally much better except for cutscenes like the intro of the game is slowww but the game itself is fine..i dont get it...
Try VU stealing instead. Word is it'll give you better performance overall. EE Cyclerate underclocks the EE and I don't think you need that much underclocking to run it on your machine. But if EE Cyclerate works the best, you should be fine but as the tooltip says it will cause sound skipping in fmvs. If you can't stand this or you want to try and get more speed go download the latest SVN build of PCSX2 here : http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/ and extract it to a new folder. Your cpu should benefit from the new MTVU hack if it doesn't break the game. Good luck.
Turn on all recommended speedhacks and use VU Cycle Stealing. Do not use EE Cycle Rate nor the MTVU. I hear somebody complain that the MTVU gives negative effect in Shadow of the Colossus. Personally I do not see any speed increase with it in SotC. I'm currently stucking with the 2nd bull colossus. Spending an hour but still cannot defeat it.

A laptop with 3.4 Ghz i7? What is your CPU model number?
(09-23-2011, 03:02 PM)Hellraiseradio Wrote: Try VU stealing instead. Word is it'll give you better performance overall. EE Cyclerate underclocks the EE and I don't think you need that much underclocking to run it on your machine. But if EE Cyclerate works the best, you should be fine but as the tooltip says it will cause sound skipping in fmvs. If you can't stand this or you want to try and get more speed go download the latest SVN build of PCSX2 here : http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/ and extract it to a new folder. Your cpu should benefit from the new MTVU hack if it doesn't break the game. Good luck.

Do you know which revision I should download? Im fairly new to this, have no idea what SVN means (doesnt matter) just dont know which file to download from that whole list...

livy its 2720qm i thought it was a 2.2ghz but my friend said it could go as high as 3.3ghz im not sure how thats possible...
Thanks Smile
(09-23-2011, 02:43 PM)nadizo Wrote: i dont get it...

you need to understand how emulation works to understand it, it's just not comparable at all with pc games.

anyway, there's a lot of topic regarding how to work with shadow of colossus, ever tried searching?
its running perfect now 80fps on 1280x1024...but i still would like to download what hellraiser said because he mentioned it would take advantage of my system but i just dont know which file to download from that big list he on that site...
download the latest one

Raise Vu cycling up to 2

With SotC have some negitive effects with MTVU don't use it !

Recommended speed hacks and Vu cycling should be enough Smile

and you can reach 3.3 GHz because of turbo boost not stock clock

but pretty nice Happy