Slow Motion... Please help
(05-24-2019, 11:23 PM)gtgamer468 Wrote: I'm sorry. I have no other ideas at all. I think the culprit is your hardware. The GPU is fine, but it's paired with a CPU that can't take advantage of the GPU's full potential. Like I suggested earlier, upgrade to a better PC or build one yourself. The GPU can be reused in this new PC as well. Make sure to look for PCs/parts that can cool down the components more efficiently and a CPU with at least 1800 STP. Otherwise, play this game with the PS2 that you have.

I don't understand how, though.
that CPU has an STR of 1922.
That should be more tahn fine for socom 2. I'd tend to think about a GPU driver problem.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go

Sponsored links

(05-25-2019, 06:40 AM)jesalvein Wrote: I don't understand how, though.
that CPU has an STR of 1922.
That should be more tahn fine for socom 2. I'd tend to think about a GPU driver problem.

The game is running perfectly fine now in Software mode but can't do it in Hardware.

I'll check my drivers tonight.
(05-25-2019, 05:46 PM)Dresden Wrote: The game is running perfectly fine now in Software mode but can't do it in Hardware.

I'll check my drivers tonight.

That is a telltale sign of GPU bottleneck. SW mode runs almost fully on your CPU. Definitely check drivers, perhaps even the power settings on your GPU/Windows power plan.
I couldn't even understand this issue myself. I've been scratching my head for some time because of this. Sad  Well, it's definitely possible it's a power mode or a driver issue. Use DDU to completely remove drivers and go to NVidia's site to download the latest driver for your GPU. Here's a link to DDU and its instructions: https://www.wagnardsoft.com/forums/viewt...f=5&t=1750
PC Specs:
PC: HP Omen 15 dc-0051nr laptop
CPU: Intel i7-8750H (2.2 GHz up to 4.1 GHz)
RAM: 16 GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 Notebook (6 GB)
Storage: 256 SSD PCi NV M.2+1 TB HDD
Need the latest GIT/development build? Click here!
(05-25-2019, 06:29 PM)pandubz Wrote: That is a telltale sign of GPU bottleneck. SW mode runs almost fully on your CPU. Definitely check drivers, perhaps even the power settings on your GPU/Windows power plan.

(05-25-2019, 07:09 PM)gtgamer468 Wrote: I couldn't even understand this issue myself. I've been scratching my head for some time because of this. Sad  Well, it's definitely possible it's a power mode or a driver issue. Use DDU to completely remove drivers and go to NVidia's site to download the latest driver for your GPU. Here's a link to DDU and its instructions: https://www.wagnardsoft.com/forums/viewt...f=5&t=1750

Thanks everyone! I'll check my drivers tonight Smile
^
^
^
motherboard driver is priority before the graphic drivers

as far as i know since win98 computers....if you install the latest graphic driver and not updating the motherboard driver it will fall-up to blue-screen error.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
Hey everyone, I kind of figured it out. It turns out that that the single player mission lags on hardware mode but doesn't on software. When I was trying to figure this out, I would only go into that single player mission to see how the game plays but never into multiplayer.

This time I changed my settings to hardware and went into a multiplayer game and I realized that everything is running smoothly.

All I care is about the multiplayer so I guess this is solved. I think it might be the map size that made game really slow as most of the multiplayer maps are realively smaller compared to the single player ones.

I appreciate the help everyone! Smile