Slow Ratchet and Clank on good CPU
Don't think it's fast enough for ratchet. I have a haswell running at 4.3GHz (and haswell is already 20-30% faster at the same clock speed) and it still doesn't handle these games that well.
#StopRNG

Sponsored links

(04-25-2018, 01:25 PM)jesalvein Wrote: Then extract the bios from it, and use this new one.
That one you're using is know to be buggy and could cause problems.

Yeah I will try this.

(04-25-2018, 03:35 PM)dogen Wrote: Don't think it's fast enough for ratchet. I have a haswell running at 4.3GHz (and haswell is already 20-30% faster at the same clock speed) and it still doesn't handle these games that well.

That would be super disappointing. I wouldn't have thought that such a cartoony game still needed such an over the top CPU...
(04-29-2018, 12:42 AM)legionNL Wrote: That would be super disappointing. I wouldn't have thought that such a cartoony game still needed such an over the top CPU...

The PS2 was full of very creative programmers who used some very interesting techniques to get as much performance out of Sony's unique hardware decisions as possible.  Some of these make emulation much more demanding then you might expect on some interesting games.  The fact it is from a very creative team with Sony's direct help and yes that cartoony game is fairly demanding to run.
(04-29-2018, 12:42 AM)legionNL Wrote: Yeah I will try this.

That would be super disappointing. I wouldn't have thought that such a cartoony game still needed such an over the top CPU...

Ratchet and Clank is actually one of the more technically accomplished games on the PS2. 60 fps, lots of enemies and destructible objects all over.
#StopRNG