Slow Speeds on High End PC
(07-06-2017, 10:16 PM)dickster7000 Wrote: And lastly, thank you thank you thank you thank you for bearing with me. CPU is new territory to me. I'm bit obsessive here because a lot of my favorite games when I was in high school were on PS2. To be able to play them with awesome quality is a treasure. Thanks again!

other cores temp will vary depend on what is being used at what time, pcsx2 only use 2 cores at best maybe 3? with MTVU so for most part  2-3 cores? will be doing most work and be hottest.

Honestly I would get a after market hsf stock coolers are trash, no mater how  they are sinned by marketing used em once and never did it again,  cause if 91c was correct on one the cores that is way to high,

I have all this sitting in a Fractal Design R5 Define, which case with sound damping paddig in it which adds to hit, which has 2 of the fans it came with pulling air in threw front of case and Noctau p14-flx fan in back sucking air out all running at 1k rpm and NH-D14 on the cpu with both fan which like 70$ hsf which keep it all quiet and cool never over 55c on load, short of using prime95 which will bring load temps to like 60c give or take.

Sponsored links

And thanks again. I've heard a lot of great things of the hyper 212. A good friend of mine suggested the corsair h60.

And also about the things I have disabled in the bios listed above, am i steering my pc wrong or am I good to go?
hyper 212 evo should be much better then the stock cooler, water cooling is great if know what you doing , and arnt parniod about them spring a leak or somthing.

C1e , C6 are power saving features, if you dont use sleep or Speedstep ( have it disable via bios or via windows power) they are pretty much usless, so being enable or disable would really matter, I would put HT back on,

I have em all on but seeing i have speed step disable via windows power plan, and dont use sleep them being enabled or disable has same effect.
I believe we are resolved! I'm about to display my idiocy. But again I knew nothing about maintaining a machine. I just threw it together based on what I saw on youtube. I had no idea how to take care of a CPU. Since it was non k I thought I could just plug it in and be done with it. Here goes.

First thing, big stupid mistake. I have an old computer desk my parents got in the 90's. They let me have it after my wife and I got our new house recently. It has a tightly enclosed space on the bottom meant for towers. It's surrounded by wood on all sides with very little air flow. Dumb mistake. The tower is now properly out in the open.
Next thing, the fan wasn't even mounted right. It was just kinda wobbling around. It has little push, twist, and snap brackets. I remember putting this machine together after a long night managing our first kid a year ago. You're never constant 100 percent at your best with small kids around. So I'm pretty sure I just said "whatever" about mounting it and just stuck it in in a manner where it wasn't going to fall.
I did clean everything. Some dust flew out. It didn't seem very dirty to me. I'm usually pretty good about can-airing stuff out here and there.

Now my temps are reading at 33 C on CPU with the cores in between 22 and 26 C. I was surprised at how fast my machine booted into windows.

These 4 pages of thread could have been completely avoided if I had 1) ensured the fan was properly mounted and 2) put my tower out in the open instead of a tightly enclosed space surrounded by wood. Thank you again team for your patience. I did learn a lot on the way. I learned a lot about my uefi. I was even brave enough to update my bios.
live and learn.

I hate those push twist snap brackets ever time i got HSF i said hell no it gona break or something or not go on right, I prefer the washer and screw method, Noctua HSF are some of the easiest HSF i ever installed, zalman/artic cooling HSF were nightmares to install in comparsion, im sure there few other i tried, but stock intel hsf are notorious for this. Glad your temps have dropped I hope this solve the throttling issue, just keep and eye on temps, I honestly would get aftermarket HSF and almost all them are better then that dinky intel hsf. under full load that intel hsf will not be good in the long run

PC bios should never be updated if system is working fine, only time I will update bios for is IF i have to complete format and reinstall of OS, even then if it working as it should there is no reason to update it.
I updated my bios because I read on these forums that there was a bug in skylakes that was fix by a bios update. Something about a microcode. I got this not long after it came out so I thought it might be the best solution.

So far my eyes are on the corsair h60 a good friend of mine says its golden.
the h60 isn't a bad cooler, it will be leaps and bounds better than your current one Tongue
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

those microcodes were fixed with in years time of the 6xxx release,that and MS pushed the new Microcode to people if they needed it, and current report going around by "linux" people about ht is that old bug to begin with. but nothing wrong with getting the newest microcode from the mobo manufacturer, just remeber if it working fine and as should be it general best to leave it be when come to bios updates.

Any aftermarket cooler is better then stock one with that tiny hsf, for most part when mounted correcltly idle temps we about the same, for all air coolers water cooler, tend be about same too but some times lower at idle.

Underload is where temps on stock are bad, aftermarket hsf tend to much much better, Water cooling can be equal to or better then Air HSF when come to full load temps, in some cases some Air HSF aftermarkets out perform the water cooling ones, noctua HSF tend to do that they also expensive the model i have is 70$ model the replaced the NH-D14 which the NH-D15 was like 100$ though.
Hello. I've had PCS2 for a while now and I have been able to play some demanding games just fine like: Timesplitters 2, Kigdomhearts 2. However recently I have not been able to play Ratchet and Clank up your arsenal or metal gear solid 3. 

My computer specs are: 
Operating system: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 
Processor: AMD FX ™- 8350 Eight core. 4Ghz 
Memory 16Gb 
Direct 11
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB

I have tried playing around with the emulator setting: 

Currently i have the Adapter set to my GPU 
Renderer: Direct3D11 (hardware) 
Interlacing: Auto
8 bit : checked 
Internal resolution: Native 
Texture filtering Bilinear 
CRC hack level: Full safest 
HW hacks: unchecked 

I have tried it with and without 8 bit checked. 

in ratchet and clank when the fps drops below 60 the EE and GS go up to around 70
Please don't hijack other peoples threads, make your own.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]